Chapter 48

"I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me."

JAMIE'S POV

Me and Harry were laying in his bed, snuggled to each other.
My head was resting on his chest and he was gently stroking my hair. Another thing that hasn't changed since we're together is that everything is still so simple. We were doing absolutely nothing but still, I felt extremely good.

"Harry?"

"Yes love ?" He answered, kissing the top of my head.

"Do you still love Gabriella?" I asked, unsure. I knew how much it had been hard for him to get over her , and I still didn't know if he was completely over it. He took a deep breath and held me tight against his chest.

"I have to admit that when I first met you, I was still in love with her. Even with everything that had happened, I couldn't stop loving her and to be honest, it was quite frustrating." He stopped talking and stared at me.

"That means you're still not over her..?" I asked. I'm not the jealous type. I just needed to know it.

"Would you let me finish?" he said, leaving a soft kiss on my lips. "At first I was being a jerk to you because you reminded me of her. You two are completely different, but the way I felt about you was similar to what I was feeling back then. Honestly, it scared the shit out of me. I didn't want to feel that way ever again after what happened..." He looked so sincere. I was surprised by how well he was able to describe the way he felt. Usually, Harry isn't the best at expressing his feelings and it never comes out right.

" I knew that I was in love with you. I just didn't want to accept it. It's hard for me to trust someone. It's even hardest when I'm in love with them. I don't let myself fall easily. I know that if they don't catch me back, I'm going to fall back in the same pattern. That's why I was so hostile. I try to push people away before they do..."

I already knew every single thing he was saying but I liked to hear it. He was being so honest and open minded. I didn't think I could, but I was feeling even more for that guy.
"I swear, I tried to push you away. Many times. For some reasons, you were always coming back. It was quite frustrating"

He started laughing. His laugh is the most adorable thing on the planet.

"Then, one day, I just couldn't do it anymore. I was attracted to you and there was nothing I could do against it. I fell so fucking hard for you Jamie. I realized that you made me a better man and I had to let go of my past and go on without you. When I'm with you, I feel worth it."

I felt the tears filling my eyes and I tried to look away. He held my chin between his thumb and index and forced me to look at him.

"Even if one day you decide to leave me, I won't regret every single minute spent with you."
I tried to keep the tears from falling but I just couldn't. That man had been broken and for me, he is willing to love again. I love him with every single piece of my heart.

"I will never leave you" I promised. It wasn't an empty promise. I meant every single word from the bottom of my heart. He took me in his arms and kissed me. That sort of kiss you would never want to break. I fell with him on the bed, pulling him closer to me. His hands were travelling my body and I was craving for more. He kissed my neck and I knew exactly that I was ready for what was coming next.

The thought of Brandon crossed my mind for a split second and I pushed it away. It was completely two different things. Brandon had sex with me. Harry was about to make love to me.
As he slowly lifted my shirt, we heard someone knock on the door.

"Shit" he said under his breath.

"I'll wait for you here" I said, leaving a soft kiss on his lips.
He climbed down the stairs really fast. I stared at the ceiling, waiting for my boyfriend to come back.
Boyfriend. I still wasn't used to this word.

"Love?" He said, coming back in the room. He had a worried look on his face. "Someone wants to talk to you downstairs..."

What? I'm at Harry's place, why would someone come to talk to me? I followed Harry downstairs, holding his hand. Someone was sitting on the couch and I immediately recognized him.

_______

AN

Short chapter I know. A bit of a filler. The other one will be up really soon.
Probably 3 chapters left. I can't believe it
I hope you guys are enjoying my new book, Fame Away if you read it. Would mean a lot if you could tell me what you think.
Thank you so much :) x