➳stenbrough➳

(strap yourselves in its gonna be a long one (haha))

it's been a year.

one whole year since bill left.

365 days of tears, hurt and confusion.

stanley joined the cheerleading squad to try and distract himself. he loves cheerleading a lot. he's really glad that eddie got him into it, even though he was a bit worried about what the skirt would look like on him and all the teasing he got from the other girls.

a couple weeks after bill left, stan met a boy called marcus.

he's the complete opposite of him, but he's really sweet and funny. stan started to grow feelings for him these last couple months; he's helped him a lot since bill's been gone.

even though the stuttering boy left without a word, stan misses him so much. 

once upon a time, he meant a lot to stan. and he honestly still does. 

he just wishes he knew what bill's doing right now. where he is, if he's happy.

because stanley only cares if he's happy or not.

*****

stanley uris sat cross-legged on his soft bed, his clean brown hair a smooth mess of curls on his head and a soft smile on his cherry lips as he texted his friends.

he rolled his eyes as richie made a stupid and dirty joke and was just about to reply when he was interrupted by a notification from his calendar.

he furrowed his eyebrows and a frown quickly replaced his recently light-hearted expression when he read the pop-up.

"it's his birthday," stan whispered to himself in a sorrowful tone. his eyes focused intensely on his checkered bed sheets as he got lost in an ocean of thoughts.

"second birthday he hasn't been here for." he sighed sadly, warm tears threatening to spill from his mocha eyes.

"fuck, stan. get a hold of yourself." the curly haired boy blocked out the thoughts of him and held in the tears. no more crying.

bill left you. bill doesn't cry over you, his mind jeers, he never cared.

stan jumped up off his bed, grabbing his bag from the floor and folding his bed sheets to make sure they're straight. once he was satisfied, he made his way out his door and to the school.

*****

  Slip inside the eye of your mind, don't you know you might find a better place to play.

stan's music hummed in his ears as he made his way through derry. he couldn't help but think of the last moments he spent with bill.

the arguing, the tears, heartbreak.

he stared at the ground with his dark eyes, his icy hands tucked into his pockets. pink roses began blossoming on his nose and cheeks as the spring winds bit at his skin.

he tilted his head up slightly as a delightful smell drifted into his nose. he stopped walking to admire the adorable little bakery in front of him full of warm and delicious looking treats.