Chapter 5

Chapter 5

{Leo's P.O.V.}

Four months.

That's how long Eden's been gone. I haven't found a trace of her. I contacted every pack in the U.S., and none of them say that they've seen Eden. I was so stupid to reject her. My wolf rarely speaks with me now, and I haven't been able to be with anyone else since she left. It just felt... awful. Wrong.

Over the past months, I've been getting ready to become the Alpha. No one knows that Eden's my mate, and that I was stupid and rejected her. But, people did notice my strange behavior, but didn't say anything.

Alex was also going to become the Beta soon. Although no one knew why my behavior had changed, everyone knew why Alex's was different. He used to be so outgoing, playing sports and whatnot, but now, he just seemed depressed. His little sister was gone without a trace.

Basically the only thing that she put in her note was that she was sorry that she was leaving her parents, and her best friend, Jaxon. He was going to be my third in command. I hated that she was sad to leave Jaxon but not me. But, that's my own fault. Jaxon's the most depressed. He was the closest to Eden, she'd been his best friend. And now she was gone.

'I wonder if she's happy wherever she is,' I thought to myself.

'Probably, now that she doesn't have to deal with you being an awful mate,' my wolf snarled. The rare times he did speak to me was to say something bad. But, I couldn't blame him. Whatever he said was usually true.

It was the end of another excruciatingly boring school day. Things wouldn't be so bad if Eden hadn't left. If I hadn't rejected her. I hopped into my car and drove to the grocery store to pick up some stuff my mom wanted me to get. I quickly got the items and stood in line to pay. I glanced over at the magazines before doing a double take.

There, on the cover of a Victoria's Secret magazine, was Eden. My mate. She looked hot as hell in a white bra and panties with white angel wings. Her pose and face gave off that sexy-yet-innocent look. I quickly grabbed every copy they had, not wanting anyone else to see my beautiful mate like this. My wolf growled, not pleased with the fact that our mate was on the cover of a popular magazine basically naked.

I placed all the items on the counter and a girl placed all the items in a bag. She looked at me through her eyelashes, batting them every once in a while. I could tell she was trying to get my attention, but I didn't care. I didn't want her. I probably would have before, but definitely not now.

The girl frowned when she saw that I was buying all the magazines. She looked at me, furrowing her eyebrows. She was probably wondering why I was buying all those copies.

"That'll be $57.75, and maybe your number," she said in what she must have thought to be a seductive voice. I almost cringed at it.

"Uhh no. Thanks for ringing me up," I said as I quickly paid and left the girl with a shocked expression on her face. I hopped into my car and drove home. I hopped out of my car and entered my house. I headed to my room after stopping in the kitchen to leave the items my mom had wanted me to pick up. I closed the door of my room, throwing all the copies in the bag onto my floor. I grabbed one of them and flipped through it, seeing tons of pictures of my mate.

I growled, punching my wall. Any male that had access to going to a store would be able to see my mate in there. Hell, she was even on the fucking cover! I wanted to take a run, but my wolf hasn't been letting me shift lately. Maybe he'll let me shift to blow off some steam.

I walked outside of my house, and my mom gave me a confused look before calling out my name, but I was already shifting into my pure black wolf. I was lucky Ethan was letting me shift, and I was definitely going to be taking advantage of that to go on a long, hard run.

I landed on my paws and sprinted into the forest. I ran as fast as I could, dodging trees and branches. I jumped over some fallen trees and large shrubs. I finally came to a stop when I made it to a clearing in the forest. I always liked coming here to think. It had a pond in the center and tons of wildflowers. Eden would probably love it here. But I'd never been able to take her here because I was so fucking stupid and I rejected her.

I shook my large wolf head before trotting over to the pond and lapping up the nice cold water. I then walked into the wildflowers and laid down, resting my head in my paws. I thought of basically everything, but mostly about Eden. Most of my thoughts over the last months have been about her. She consumes almost every thought inside of my head.

It was starting to get dark out, so I started running back home. I sprinted, so I arrived at home fairly quickly. I was glad that we had extra clothes lying around in the forest, just in case someone needed them, I quickly changed into a pair of shorts and a t-shirt before entering my house.

"Leo! Where have you been?" My mother asked worriedly. I sat down at the table before answering.

"I went out for a run," I said. She seemed to accept this answer as she started bringing dinner onto the table. My dad walked in and sat down.

"Leo, I'm so proud of how strong you've become over the past months. I know you'll make a great Alpha," my dad said, pride shining in his eyes. I plastered a fake smile on my face before answering.

"Thank you, father," I said.

"Once you find your mate, you'll be even stronger, and definitely happier," my dad said, smiling at my mom. I clenched my jaw.

"Yeah," I mumbled. The rest of dinner went on with small chatter, mostly between my parents. After I finished eating, I excused myself and headed to my bedroom. I took a quick shower before getting into bed. My phone rang, and I picked it up.

"Hello?" I said into the phone.

"Leo! My sister's on the cover of that magazine, Victoria's Secret! Like, what the fuck?!! I don't want random creeps looking at my little sister!" Alex said.

"She is?" I asked, feigning ignorance. My wolf growled at me. He wanted people to know what I had done. I knew it was the right thing to do , but I couldn't being myself to doing it.

"Yeah, but do you maybe think that it could help us find her? I mean, if she's like a model or whatever now, shouldn't it be easier to track her down?" He asked, hope evident in his voice.

"Um yeah, maybe," I said.

"Yeah, I hope it helps. Anyways, I have to go, talk to you later," Alex said before hanging up. I thought about what Alex said. Now that she was a model, and a famous one at that, it should be easier to track her down and find her.

'Eden, I will find you,' was my last thought before I fell asleep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! So yay, I updated early! You guys voted a lot and there were a lot more reads, so I really wanted to get another chapter posted! I hope you guys enjoyed it in Leo's P.O.V.! I'll probably update within 3-4 days, but my schedule's been hectic since I just moved.

Anywayssss... please vote, comment, and spread the word about my books!

Love y'all!

-Sky