Prologue

A man wielding a bow walks into his farm house, he is immediately hit with laughter from a little girl and a woman. He smiles as they take notice of him, "Daddy!" The little one screeches and runs over.

That is Katerina Barton, the 13 year old daughter of Clint and Laura Barton. They didn't plan on having kids this early but were blessed with the little Katerina they have. "Hey, Rina," Clint exclaims and hugs his little girl. He looks over to his wife and smiles, "I came home."

The woman smiles and looks at her two most favorite people in the world, "You sure did." Laura gives him a kiss and pats Kat on the back, "Why don't you go play outside." Kat smiles and looks to her father.

"Will you come out and play soon?" Clint laughs and nods. "Yay!" She takes off running to the door and jumps over the stairs laughing. She gets to the middle of the field and watches a lady bug on a blade of grass.

Kat hears a whirring noise and looks behind her, a man with a metal arm looks down upon her. She screams, catching the attention of her parents. Clint and Laura come barreling out of the farm house to see a man throwing their daughter over his shoulder and walking back over to a van.

"Daddy! Mommy! Help me!" Kat screams to her parents as they charge forward, hoping to catch up. The metal armed man throws her in the van and shuts the doors, the van takes off as Clint runs after it.

"No! Rina!" Clint cries out and collapses to his knees, Laura right behind him crying harder then ever before. "I need to call Fury," he mumbles and takes off to the house for his phone. Although he has no idea, he won't see her for 6 years and on the battlefield with no desire to go back to him.