Chapter Six

The team is on the jet with a comatose Kat in the corner, they needed Bruce to monitor her 24/7 so they had to take her. Ultron and the twins had just defeated them with ease. Clint lands the quinjet and looks at Kat. He finally got her home, and she can't even be awake to see her mother again.

They all enter the house, "Honey, I'm home." Barton's heavily pregnant wife, Laura, walks in from the kitchen. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." Laura looks at the Avengers.

"Hey."

Laura kisses Barton while Tony mutters, "This is an agent of some kind."

Clint turns to face the team, wrapping an arm around his wife's waist, "Gentleman, this is Laura."

"I know all your names." Laura says as she smiles at them all.

"Ooh, incoming." Clint says and everyone looks to the doorway to see two children run out. A boy and his little sister run to Clint. "I see her!" He kisses the top his son's head.
"Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..."

"These are...smaller agents." Tony adds on trying to wrap his mind around everything.

"Look at your face! Oh, my goodness!" Clint fawns over his daughter, she looks like Kat but with blonde hair.

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" Clint's youngest daughter, Lila, asks.

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Lila rushes towards Natasha who picks her up in her arms.

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve apologises.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony offers as an explanation.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Clint explains to them as he pats his son's head.

"Honey. Ah, I missed you."

Natasha speaks to Laura's womb while touching it softly. "How's little Natasha, huh?"

"She's...Nathaniel." Natasha bends towards Laura's pregnant stomach.

"Traitor." Thor walks out of the house as Clint pulls his wife aside.

"Hey, we found something else at the facility we took down." Laura frowns in confusion as to why he's telling her these things. "We found Katerina," Laura's heart stopped and tears leaked from her eyes.

"Where is she? Is she alive?" Clint nods and motions to the door.

"She's on the jet, we need to get her brought in because she's in comatose." Laura sobbed a little and walk as fast as she could while pregnant to the quinjet. She got on and froze in the opening upon seeing her first born laying there.

"Oh, my God." She rushed over and caressed her face. "My poor baby," Laura cried harder and Clint hugged his wife from behind.

"She's healing as we speak, she's enhanced, she'll be better in no time. It'll be okay, I promise." Clint wanted to keep that promise secure but fate may have different plans.

*^*^*

Kat woke up to a tube down her throat and quickly pulled it out with difficulty. Bruce come through the doorway and sees her there. He rushes over and pats Kat's back as she coughs. The commotion makes people explore. When seeing Kat awake, they rushed over and asked how she was feeling all at once.

Kat waved them off, "I'm fine, my healing has already kicked in." Everyone let out a breath of relief. Laura walked over and grabbed Kat's hand. Kat looked up in shock, "Mommy?" Laura cried and clutched her oldest to her chest. "Wow, you've been busy," Kat lazily jokes when she saw the kids and her mother's swollen stomach.

The group laughed and calmed down knowing she was fine if her humor was intact.

*^*^*

Kat was sitting at the kitchen table when a man in an eyepatch came in, he was familiar. "Hello, Katerina. I hope you can remember me, I always got you out of detention in school." Her brain clicked and she smiled. She leapt out of her seat and hugged Fury. Fury smiled but it disappeared when everyone else came in.

"Good seeing you again, Uncle Nick." Kat whispered and went back to her seat smiling.

Fury also took a seat, "Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." The team and Kat sit around while drinking beer, well except for Kat.

"What about Ultron himself?" Steve asks as he leans against the wall with his arms over his chest.

"Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere." Fury faces the team. "Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though."

"He still going after launch codes?" Stark asks after throwing a dart at the dart board.

"Yes, he is, but he's not making any headway." Fury states.

"I cracked the Pentagon's firewall in high school on a dare." Stark brags and makes a point.

"Yeah, well, I contacted our friends at the NEXUS about that." Fury says.

"NEXUS?" Steve asks.

"It's the world internet hub in Oslo, every byte of data flows through there, fastest access on earth." Bruce explains for everyone who didn't understand.

"So what'd they say?" Clint asks.

"He's fixated on the missiles." Fury states."But the codes are constantly being changed."

"By whom?" Stark asks, before two darts zoom past him and he looks over to Clint and Kat, who just shrug and give him sarcastic smiles.

"Parties unknown." Fury states.

"Do we have an ally?" Natasha asks as she leans in her chair.

"Ultron's got an enemy, that's not the same thing." Fury says to her. "Still, I'd pay folding money to know who it is."

"I might need to visit Oslo, find our "unknown."" Stark says, glancing over his teammates.

"Well, this is good times, boss, but I was kind of hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Natasha rests her elbow on the table after speaking.

"I do, I have you." Fury states. "Back in the day, I had eyes everywhere, ears everywhere else. Here we all are, back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard."

"Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Natasha says with a smirk and Kat high fives her while smiling widely.

"You know what, Romanoff?" Natasha smiles mischievously at Steve.

"So what does he want?" Fury asks, his eyes surfing through the group.

"To become better." Kat pauses before continuing. "Better than us. He keeps building bodies."

"Person bodies." Stark adds. "The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it."

"When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Natasha says to both Stark and Bruce, Kat smiled a little.

"They don't need to be protected," Bruce says as he looks down at the drawing of a butterfly that Natasha was given from Kat's little sister moments before."They need to evolve. Ultron's going to evolve."

"How?" Fury and Kat ask at the same time, they glance at each other then focus.

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asks and looks over his team. Everyone got up to get ready when Clint walked up to Kat.

"You're staying here," Kat frowns and looks at her father.

"No, I'm not. I need to see Wanda." Clint looks at his daughter and before he can refuse again she slices all of her vibranium nails down her arm. She doesn't flinch or show any pain, she just looks at Clint. "See, healing works perfect so I can go." She turned and left to get a suit on.

Clint sighs while watching her go, "Why am Igoing to regret not arguing?" He asks himself and starts getting ready.