Chapter Three

Natasha and Kat are in a stand-off. Natasha wants to talk this out and help her like Clint did with herself. Kat swung her sword at the redheaded assassin as the latter shot her gun. It hit Kat in the chest as Thor returned. Thor and Natasha watched as Kat looked at the bullet hole in her chest and watched it get pushed back out of her body.

Natasha and Thor are gaping at her as Kat smirks, Kat's regenetive healing was always iffy. If she was shot too much, her body would take longer to heal. The scientists believed that she could die if it was too severe.

Thor threw Mjolnir at Kat, it hit her in the head and made her become unconscious. Natasha let out a breath of relief, finally done with the fighting. "We're locked down out here." She spoke into the coms while looking at the unconscious archer in cuffs.

"Then get to Banner, time for a lullaby." Was Steve's answer. Pietro watched sadly as they took Kat inside the quinjet, he left before he was spotted if they could take down Kat like that.

*^*^*

Kat wakes with a groan as there is a pounding in her head. Her moving alerted the Avengers, she looked around the quinjet frowning. She notices the bastard himself, Tony Stark who killed the Maximoff's parents, is turning in the pilot chair.

"JARVIS, take the wheel." He spins around and a mechanical voice responds to him.

"Yes, sir. Approach vector is locked." Stark walks over to Kat and bends down in front of her. "Hi, there. What's your name?" Kat just stared blankly at him. So Stark turns to the rest of the jet, "Does she understand English?" Kat is ticked off and snaps at him with her jaws. Stark jumps back as everyone looks at her with caution. "Wow. Feral." He jokes.

"Shut up." Kat grumbles and looks at the cuffs. Everyone on the jet, except Clint who is unconscious, is surprised by her voice. There was no accent, she sounded American.

"So, she speaks." Stark starts, "How about you say your name or your code name." Stark gets ready to look for her file but she stays silent. "Okay, I give up." He finally walks away, much to Kat's happiness. Natasha walks over to her this time and sits next to her, still being watched like she will explode at any second.

"Hi, I'm Natasha. What's your name?" Natasha asks in a soft voice that makes Kat feel safe. Except all she wants is Wanda, so Kat looks at Natasha and makes tears come to her eyes.

"You took me away from my love," Kat's voice cracked and she has everyone fooled. "You took me away and now I have no one." Her acting makes Steve's heart melt, she even convinced Natasha.

"Tell us your name and we can get you back to your boyfriend or husband." Kat laughed and everyone went rigid.

"You actually fell for that?" Natasha glares at Kat but she keeps going, "For the record, my love isn't a male." Steve choked on his spit and Kat grinned. "Oh, yeah, Captain Righteous. I'm into girls." Tony cracked a smile and pointed at Kat.

"Can we keep her?" Kat growled with her eyes glowing and everyone took a step back while Natasha scooted a seat down.

"I'm not an object!" Kat broke the cuffs with ease and charged Tony, who hid behind Steve. "How about you fight your own battles, Coward." Tony looked at her over Steve's shoulder.

"I would, but I don't have my armor on." Kat laughed mockingly and sat back in her original seat. Natasha walked over with another pair of handcuffs.

"You do know I'll just break them again, right?" Natasha glared and Kat talked with seriousness. "There's only one thing that I've watched my strength with and that's my girlfriend." Natasha looked at her with a new respect, at least she wasn't an emotionless killer. Plus she was being honest.

"We're almost to Avengers Tower so sit tight," Natasha pats Kat on the shoulder and moves towards Clint. Kat looks at him as well, feeling the memories she had Wanda store away trying to resurface. She's confused on how she knows him and stares at his face longer than normal. "Why are you staring?" Natasha asks as she observes Kat.

"Nothing," Kat dismisses and looks to the ground frowning. She senses what no one else can suddenly and makes it known with a grin, hiding her problems. "We're here." Everyone looks at her surprised when they felt the landing right after she spoke.

Natasha grabs Kat's arm and takes her to an interrogation room before hurrying off to Clint. Meanwhile. Steve, Maria, and Tony are still at the quinjet. "Lab's all set up, boss."

Tony Stark, pointing to Steve, "Uh, actually, he's the boss. I just pay for everything, and design everything and make everyone look cooler."

Steve smiles but looks to Maria, "What's the word on Strucker?"

"NATO's got him."

"The enhanced?"

"The one we have in custody, unknown. The others, though are Wanda and Pietro Maximoff. Twins. Orphaned at ten when a shell collapsed their apartment building. Sokovia's had a rough history. It's nowhere special but it's on the way to everywhere special." Maria reads from her tablet.

"Their abilities?" Steve asks once processed he processed the information.

"He's got increased metabolism and improved thermal homeostasis. Her thing is neural electric interfacing, telekinesis, mental manipulation." Steve looks at her funny. She rephrases the statement so he can understand, "He's fast and she's weird."

*^*^*

Natasha talks to Dr. Cho as she tends to Barton's wounds, "You sure he's going to be okay? Pretending to need this guy really brings the team together." Clint smiles sarcastically at her.

Dr. Cho ignores it and starts to explain, "There's no possibility of deterioration. The nano-molecular functionality is instantaneous. His cells don't know they're bonding with simulacrum."

When they look at her funny, Bruce elaborates, "She's creating tissue."

"If you brought him to my lab, the regeneration Cradle could do this in twenty minutes." After Dr. Cho's information, Tony walks in.

"Oh, he's flatlining. Call it. Time?" Tony calls out playfully.

"No, no, no. I'm going to live forever. I'm gonna be made of plastic." Clint quips a sarcasm filled comment. Stark hands Barton a drink.

"Here's your beverage."

"You'll be made of you, Mr. Barton. Your own girlfriend won't be able to tell the difference." Dr. Cho informs with a smile.

"Well, I don't have a girlfriend." Clint says, not completely lying, "I also want to be the one to interrogate the enhanced."

"The girlfriend thing I can't fix. This is the next thing, Tony. Your clunky metal suits are going to be left in the dust."

"Well, that is exactly the plan. And Helen, I expect to see you at the party on Saturday." Tony questions.

"Unlike you, I don't have a lot of time for parties." She hesitates a moment before asking, "Will Thor be there?"