Chapter Five

Katerina and Natasha are in the assassin's room. Natasha holds up a purple dress to Kat's figure, she shakes her head and puts it back. "How come your dad looks good in purple and you don't?" Natasha joked and Kat cracked a small smile, Nat felt like she accomplished something.

"I am utterly in love with red," Kat smiled dreamily and grabbed a black dress that red underneath it. "I like this one," Natasha looked over and nodded in approval.

"You'll be meeting the Avenger's extended team at the party," Kat took off her suit and Natasha got full view of some of her tattoos. "Woah, don't think Clint is gonna like those." Kat looked at Natasha and sighed.

"They hide my scars," Kat whispered and looked down, Natasha walked over and put her hand on the young archer's arm.

"He'll get over it," Natasha smiled when Kat laughed a little and slipped on the dress. "Here, take these," Natasha handed Kat a pair of heeled combat boots. "They don't fit me anymore, so you can have them."

"Thank you," Kat got up and slipped on the shoes as well and looked to the rings on her fingers. "You know," Natasha looked to her, "These rings used to dawn on the fingers of my Darling." Natasha smiled at their love, Wanda is all Kat compared everything to. "Let's go."

*^*^*

Rhodey is speaking to two avengers and an agent. "Well, you know, the suit can take the weight, right? So I take the tank, fly it right up to the General's palace, drop it at his feet, I'm like, "Boom! You looking for this?" Stark and Thor just look at him blankly. "Boom! Are you looking..." Why do I even talk to you guys? Everywhere else that story kills."

"That's the whole story?" Thor asks.

"Yeah, it's a War Machine story." Rhodey seems proud, but dejected.

"Well, it's very good then." He laughs. "It's impressive."

"Quality save.'' Rhodey turns to Tony. "So, no Pepper? She's not coming?"

"No." Tony answers.

Maria turns to Thor. "Hey, what about Jane? Where are the ladies, gentlemen?"

"Well, Miss Potts has a company to run." Tony brags about his girlfriend. Thor gets in on the bragging trying to trump him.

"Yes, I'm not even sure what country Jane's in. Her work on the convergence has made her the world's foremost astronomer." Their conversation catches the attention of Kat.

"And the company that Pepper runs is the largest tech conglomerate on earth. It's pretty exciting."

"There's even talk of Jane getting a... um, uh... Nobel prize." Thor finds the word and Kat walks up to them, gaining the attention.

"Yeah, and you know, my girlfriend can control people's minds as well as throw them wherever she pleases," The group looks at her and she smirks at winning the game they made. "Excuse me," She walks off towards Natasha. The group watches her dumbstruck.

"That's what I'm talking about," Maria high fives Rhodey and they walk off laughing. Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson are standing at a pool table, playing.

"Sounds like a hell of a fight, sorry I missed it." Sam says while glancing briefly at a new brunette who laughs with Natasha.

"If I had known it was going to be a firefight I absolutely would have called you." Steve states, not noticing that Sam was looking at Kat.

"No, I'm not actually sorry. I'm just trying to sound tough. I'm very happy chasing cold leads on our missing persons case. Avenging is your world. Your world is crazy." Sam laughs a little and Steve smiles.