•trapped• part III

Go ahead and vote or follow or share or something if you're enjoying this fan fiction! It helps out a lot and it encourages me to update faster <3 Plus the comments you guys have left so far were so sweet

Also there's going to be a divergent reference, comment if you get it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Lance's POV - First Person / Second Person //

I guess I liked him after he joined the Blade. I mean I probably liked him before that, but once he was barely around I fully realized how much I needed him around me. Ew, now I'm sounding all mushy, and my legs hurt. I'm still on my knees right on top of this mullet head.

"Sit up and scoot over," I told Keith.

He nodded and clumsily moved over to the side of the very small metal box we were still trapped in. After he was no longer beneath me, I sat criss-crossed next to him, not that there was really any other place to sit. I took off my helmet and outer armor and Keith did the same, at least all I had was my under-suit and not the clunky armor, too. My neck bent down unnaturally due to the extremely short ceiling but it gave my knees a break. I looked over at Keith, he was hugging his knees and muttering something.

"Don't say stuff under your breath, it's rude," I said, assuming he was saying something snarky about me. Usually he would've said something back by now but he froze there shaking and muttering more words.

"H-Hey buddy," I said cautiously. "You okay?"

"Do I look okay?" he said rather harshly, I'll let this one slide though.

God damn though, he looks way better than okay. Stunning? Gorgeous? Breathtaking? Sexy? Yes, yes, yes, and hell yes. Look, I know I'm supposed to be a ladies' man or whatever and the hunter, not the hunted but Keith... Keith really does something to me. I just can't believe my dumbass has to pine over a guy with a mullet who's probably straight, is totally moody and closed off, and most definitely hates me.

"Actually, you look really worried," I hesitantly replied. "Do you need me to do anything?"

"I don't know," he whimpered.

I want to help so bad, I can't stand to see him like this.

"Keith, I'd do anything to even just help a little bit, I'm serious."

At this point it didn't matter if it were Keith or someone else, I can't stand to see anyone like this. I need to find a way to help him. I've never seen someone have a panic attack before but I'm pretty sure this is it. His face is colorless and he's barely thinking. He looks like he's about to cry.

"I-I don't know, Lance," he said, his voice shaking immensely.

He looked up at me for a quick second and quickly buried his face into his knees again. For the split second I saw his eyes, I could tell they were filled with tears and streams of water slipped down the edges of his jaw. I didn't know what do, or maybe I did.

"Hey man, there's nothing to be afraid of," I wrapped one arm around him and traced to wall with my other hand. "It's a little uncomfortable but there's no danger."

"How can you be so sure?!" Keith cried in response.

I gently took his hand and guided it to my chest, right where my heart was.

"See, calm and steady," I assured him. I was so close to him, his hand in mine, touching my chest, and my arm wrapped around him. I felt like such a horrible person for enjoying the closeness in such a painful moment for Keith.

"Your heart's going crazy, actually," Keith replied, with both sassiness and genuine confusion.

"I-It is not!" I checked my pulse on my neck to be sure, and of course it was going insanely fast and erratic. "Oh, it is. But that's for an entirely different reason."

I immediately regret those words as soon as I said them. Wow, how can someone be so stupid. I swear to whatever deity is up there, if he heard that or asks what I meant by that I'm throwing myself into space.

"Anyways," I tried to redeem whatever pride I had left. "There's nothing to be afraid of."

// Keith's POV - First Person / Second Person //

He's so kind. I hate him.

I need to get out of here, get out of this small space and get well away from him.

He's so warm and, good God, he's so muscular. Where is he hiding this body? He's got his arm wrapped around me and his hand is still around my wrist and I can feel his heart thudding unevenly and I can feel his warm breath tickle the side of my cheek. I really need to get out of here. This tight space is clouding my judgement.

Then I said something really dumb.

"Hold me," I barely heard the words come out of my mouth.

But apparently Lance did, because he wrapped his sturdy arms around me and brought my back against his chest. He's so built but at the same time so warm and soft. I could stay here forever...

But not if it's Lance. He's a guy and not even a good one at that. I hate how obnoxious he is, he's always loud and flirty, it's annoying. I shoved him away.

"I-," he looked like he was on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry, I must've misheard you, God, I'm such an idiot, I'm so, so, so sorry about that Keith."

"Jeez," I huffed. "If you're going to be that hurt then do what you want."

"I didn't want to do that!" he cried. "I'm just not used to being rejected like that."

"Then fine, I said do what you want to, so you can, uh, do that again."

"Get over here mullet head."

I inched back over to him. My claustrophobia was most definitely messing with me. Once again I was pulled into his warm embrace.

Oh quiznack, I don't think I'm as straight as I thought.

God dammit Lance.

And with that, we fell asleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Keith isn't a jerk, he's just really confused. And Lance is actually really fit in the show, like in the cyropod. Anyways, a long update this time (1000+ words!) I know everyone asks for votes and follows but it really does help motivate me to write and post chapters faster. Plus it's so fast to just click a few buttons and make me happy. Tell me what you think of the fic or just thoughts while reading it too! Thanks so much <3