•trapped• part XI

okay soooo i'm making shorter more frequent chapters from now on.

comment!!

also my birthday is the 22 yay

also check out my other book, • permanent • . it's a really cute soulmate au

sorry about my long a/n's all the time

let's a go

-dani

_______________

Lance's POV
____________

The lion made a crashing sound as it landed on the entrance to the hangar. Keith looked terrified, being as he just lived through a near-death experience.

I looked down at my hands. They were wrapped around Keith's stomach and his hands were desperately clutched over mine. He always did hate bad flying. He was shuddering and was unintentionally creating dents in my skin. I actually felt kinda bad for him.

"Are you guys gonna get up, or what?" Pidge said, adjusting her glasses.

"Yeah, just a sec," I said. "I think Keith is still pretty shaken up over the rough flight."

"Don't tell me how I feel," Keith grunted, trying to stand on still wobbly legs. It was apparent he was, in fact, frozen in fear from the intense flight. Either that or he was very slow to adjust to standing on still ground again.

He lost his balance and used my shoulder for support. He nearly fell but decided clutching onto my shoulder, making it twist in pain, was the better option.

"Would you hold still?" Keith groaned.

"I wasn't prepared to be used as a crutch," I shot back. "So excuse me for not being a great inanimate object."

"Can you guys please fight outside my lion," Pidge looked unimpressed.

Keith and I left the lion, still grumbling and pointing fingers. Guess even a day or two of bonding couldn't change the constant bickering.

"Whatever," Keith crossed his arms. "I'm going to my room."

"Same!" I yelled. "I mean, I'm going to my room, not yours."

The slip up had caused me to lose composure, but it didn't last.

I dropped into my bed, sitting straight up. I tossed my armor into one corner and kicked my boots into another. I walked over to my full-length mirror, really just some weird Altean metal that was shiny enough to work as a perfect mirror.

All I had on was my undersuit, slick, black, skintight material. It was really thin, but was remarkably strong. I've gotten hit with blaster shots and the material barely frayed.

I really liked the suit on its own. Of course, it wasn't as strong without the armor protecting my vitals, but I was more agile in it. Also, I looked pretty nice. The black color slimmed my already thin figure and the slight sheen to the fabric perfectly wrapped around and highlighted the muscles I'd gained since becoming a paladin.

Even though the fabric covered everything from the neck down in opaque fabric, it was sexy in it's own right. It was one of the few outfits that made me feel confident.

I heard two knocks that snapped me out of my admiration of the suit. I left the door on auto-open so after a couple knocks it opened right away.

While I wasn't doing anything particularly embarrassing, I felt vulnerable. My eyes shot over to the door and a silhouette of purple and black loomed a few feet away.

"Keith!" I stammered a little, acting as if I'd been caught doing something I wasn't supposed to. He had, after all, caught me by surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"I've overstayed at team Voltron," Keith said, barely looking up. "The Blades need me again."

"This isn't anything new, why'd you come here to tell me about it? I figured you'd leave sooner or later."

"I wanted to say goodbye," he said, moving closer to the mirror I was standing in front of.

In a swift yet somewhat forceful way, he pulled me close. A hug was a small gesture for most people but I hadn't seen Keith give too many people hugs. Especially when there was no apparent reason to.

"I'm gonna miss you," he said, his voice raw and weak. "Stay safe."

"You too," I smiled, still holding him tight. "Don't die out there."

We pulled apart and I swear I saw him tear up, though it might have just been my own tears blurring my vision.

"I'm serious," I said. "You have to be careful in the Blades. They don't care about you like we do, here at Voltron."

"I'm serious, too," he replied. "You're not disposable, we all love you and I hate to see you not realize that."

I smiled and a tear slipped down my cheek. He brought his hand up to my face and gently wiped the tear away.

"Love you," he said, heading for the door.

I lazily draped over my bed and thought about his last few words. "Love you." Did he... confess? Earlier he said "we all love you." Were the two sentences different or was he restating what he said earlier? I sighed and changed into my robe and attempted to get some rest. The past two nights were filled with circumstances difficult to get rest in.

I love you too Keith.

I just wish I had the guts to say it.