•trapped• part IV

Look, I know literally everyone begs for likes, comments, and follows but all I'm asking is that if you enjoy this fanfic, go ahead and vote. I hate to sound like a broken record but the motivation I get from the sweet comments I get is why this chapter is out so early.

Also I don't have a strict update schedule but I try to update around once a week, unless something happens in my life and it has to be pushed back or (like this update) I get really motivated seeing all these sweet comments and all the votes and such. <3

Also there's a lot of dialogue in this chapter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

// Keith's POV - First Person / Second //

What the quiznack?

I was surrounded in warmth and coziness. The last thing I remembered was having a panic attack in a metal box. I'm still half asleep, aren't I? I can barely move and I'm having trouble thinking. Whatever was keeping me warm was well appreciated. I snuggled up against it and pulled it tight against me. Suddenly it moved. Or more like he moved. ...quiznack.

"Keith?" Lance looked at me with both a shocked expression and a poor attempt to suppress giggling. "What are you, doing?"

"I didn't know it was you! I was half asleep!" I was sleeping in Lance's arms? That can't be right. What the quiznack is going on? And why was he so warm? And why is he completely fine with this situation? I have way too many questions.

"You're lucky though, at least you didn't have to sleep with your back pushed against this hard wall." He put his hand against the back of his neck. "Quiznack, I really need to stretch my legs, when are we gonna get out of here?"

"I'm hungry," I absentmindedly said.

"Oh!" Lance's deep cobalt eyes lit up. Since when were his eyes that pretty? Ugh, I must be lacking food, I'm going insane. Me calling Lance pretty? That's rich. His voice continued and snapped me out thought. "I have a few packs of space juice and space goo in one of my pockets, it's in an airtight bag so it should be good still."

"Ew," I frowned. "You keep food in your pockets? Why?"

"It's in case Hunk gets hungry... or me. Neither of us can focus if we're hungry. In any case it's a good thing I have them."

"D-Do you have enough to share?"

"Of course, that's why I brought it up."

Lance poked a disposable straw through the juice pouch and handed it to me along with a sealed packet of space goo.

"Mmm," he hummed. "This is just what I needed."

Suddenly the mood changed, he looked directly at me.

"Hey Keith?"

"Hm?" I looked up at him.

"Are you mad at me?"

"Why would you think that?"

"Just answer it, you can be honest, I know I'm annoying."

"Lance what are you going on ab-"

"Just answer it." His tone wavered but was serious nonetheless.

"No, I'm not mad at you. Like I said, why would you think that?"

"You seem annoyed at me, are you sure I haven't upset you?"

A silence hovered in the air

"I'm actually really grateful for you right now," I finally said.

His eyebrows perked up, he had such a genuinely confused expression. It was kind of cute. Ugh, I'm tired of these weird thoughts, I don't know what's up but I'm sure as soon as I get out of here I'll go back to normal.

"I don't know how you calmed me down, but you did. I'm surprised you managed to and I'm grateful you did."

"Do you have any ideas as to why you're claustrophobic?"

"No idea. Do you have any major fears?"

"I've never really told anyone, so don't laugh." His voice went quiet.

"Lance?"

"I'm afraid to fall in love."

"Why? Aren't you always flirting with girls?"

"Keith, it's not like that. I never pursue anything with them. I don't know what I'd do if anyone actually liked me."

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What?"

"Do you seriously believe no one's ever had a crush on you?"

"I mean I am annoying and flirtatious, I understand why they wouldn't."

My blood was boiling. How could he not see how amazing he was?

"Yeah, you're obnoxious and really annoying sometimes and you always get on my nerves... but that's not the only thing about you. You're selfless, brave, kind, empathetic, understanding, and compassionate. Any girl who can't see that about you is missing out."

Hopefully he doesn't read too much into what I just said.

"Since when did you care about me so much?" he chuckled a bit.

"I mean, we are friends."

"We are? I mean, I didn't know you thought of me as a friend."

"We have to be to form Voltron, right?"

// Lance's POV - First Person / Second Person //

"Right."

Ouch. Friend-zoned. He barely even considers me a friend. He just said so many nice things about me, though. I never know what he's thinking.

"Those were some sweet words you said about me, though." I chuckled and could feel the skin around my eyes crinkle.

"What did you mean by what you said yesterday."

"What do you mean?" I know he's not dense enough to think I really don't know, but it was worth a shot.

"When you were trying to calm me down, your heart was pounding. You said the tight space wasn't the reason, then what was?"

...I need to think fast. What should I say? I don't want him to hate me. Oh god I'm taking too long. Well, here goes nothing.

"What does the word love mean to you?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sorry for the cliffhanger but I have to keep some motivation for you guys to come back ;) To be completely honest, I value comments wayyyyy more than votes because I love hearing what you think while you're reading it and interacting with you guys is the best. I mean if you still want to give me a few votes I'd love that but if I receive a comment I get so happy because I realize that people somewhat care about this! Sorry for gushing so much but I seriously appreciate you guys <3