•trapped• part XII

i might end this soon so i'll have time to work on my newer stuff that isn't so worn and dragged out

i am back from the dead!

comment

vote

or idek i feel like the book should end soon
———————

"I just don't get why he has to leave, don't they have enough people?" Lance groaned.

"Would you stop talking about Keith," Pidge rolled her eyes. "You've been talking about him for the past 2 hours."

"Seriously? You're kidding!"

"Yeah, it's only been about half an hour. But seriously, chill."

"There's no way I've been talking about that emo rat for 30 minutes!"

"37 minutes and 54 seconds to be exact," she replied in a mischievous tone. "Seems like you can't get him out of your head."

"What? No, I was- I was just-," he stammered. "I just wish he wouldn't have just left us to do all the work."

"Man, you really do miss him," she smirked, not looking up from her computer.

"I do not!" Lance's voice cracked.

"I saw you two cuddling in the green lion, I know something's up," she said, flatly. "You can talk about it if you want."

Lance clenched his fists, then relaxed them after taking a deep breath. Pidge really did feel like his younger sister or something, he felt like he could trust her. He knew that when it really mattered, Pidge was one of the most trustworthy people he'd met, even if she appeared to be a gossip upon first meeting.

"I don't know," he started. "And I think that's the problem."

"Know what?"

"How I... feel about him," Lance squeaked, nearly silent.

"Well, that obviously implies you like him."

"What! How?"

"If you just felt friendlily about him you'd know that, but you're questioning it, so to some degree you like him as more than a friend."

"But- What- How- You- I just," Lance was taken aback by how fast she'd seen through him. It was no wonder she was considered the brain of Voltron.

"So spill, tell me everything," Pidge adjusted her glasses.

"Well if you asked me if I loved him a couple weeks ago I would've said something like "no", maybe. I mean I think I liked him a bit for a while but not enough to call it love. But now I go crazy around him, I forget how to function, I get jealous over stupid things, I want him to pay attention to me."

Pidge nodded.

"It's like everything I do is for him. I'd do anything if it meant even a couple words of recognition from him."

"Have you told him that?"

"No! I can't do that! Are you crazy?!"

"Why not?"

"I just can't!"

"But why?"

"Because- Well..."

"So what I'm hearing is that you should be telling all this stuff to Keith, not me."

Lance ducked his head and blushed.

"Even if I wanted to, which I don't, I won't be able to see him in, like, forever. Or at least until we get help from the BOM, and who knows when that'll be," Lance sighed and felt a wave of defeat overcome him.

"Why don't you want to tell him?" Pidge said.

"Isn't it obvious? He's my rival, I'm not even sure if we're friends. I don't want to get rejected," Lance's lip quivered.

"But what if he doesn't reject you?"

"Then I'd probably die of a heart attack before I can even respond."

"Stop joking around and think about it. All you have to do is tell him how you feel and bam! all your dreams come true."

"Okay for the record, being with that ugly mullet-head is not all of my dreams," Lance scoffed.

"Well, I'll let you believe what you want, Lance."

-----------

sorry for the super short chapter but wow i have not updated this in a w h i l e
honest idrc ab klance anymore im a kiribaku stan now
vote if u want more ig lmao