The Start

•~=(Your POV)=~•

"Want some gummies?" you ask Gloria, handing her a bag. "No thanks, chica. And I can only guess why you're here," she says, smiling and rolling her eyes as she straightens her outfit. You're at the bridge talking with the person who greeted you when you died. "So tell me again how you got upgraded from Greeter to Bridge Lady," you grin, and she huffs, skull turning a light shade of pink. "I told you not to talk about it!"

Laughing, you pop a couple of gummy bears in your mouth. After a moment, Gloria giggles. "What?" you inquire. "Who's he gonna be this time? Huh?" she asks, and you shrug. "I dunno. Someone famous, as always."

"But who?!"

"No idea. I think it's a girl with how he's dressing. But it could be a guy. No judgement here. And it's super crazy."

"But everything here is crazy to you, torpe!"

"Yep," you reply, eating more gummies. "Well, while you're waiting, wanna see if anyone has your photo on the ofrenda?" Gloria smiles, and you shake your head. "When I was traveling into Mexico, no one knew I was coming. I hadn't seen my extended family in so long, I doubt they have a photo, let alone remember me," you explain, and she sighs. "That's so sad. But I get it."

You look away from her to avoid any awkwardness, and see a huge mob moving slowly towards the entrance. "Welp, that'll be him. Better get moving, or he'll think I blew his cover," you say, and she chuckles. Finishing the bag of sweets, you throw it away and start walking back into the Land of the Dead. "Alright. Hope you have a good day!" she says, and you turn to say the same when your baggy gray sweats get caught on the corner of the stand. It tears them a little more than they already are, and you curse in Hawaiian. "Ka papa! You jinxed me!" you playfully tell Gloria, and she rolls her eyes.

Trying to unhook your pants, you realize that they're more tangled than you thought. "Um, Gigi, I'm stuck. Like, fish-in-a-net stuck," you tell her, and she comes around to take a look. "¡Cáspita! You really got hooked, didn't you? And for a certain someone I bet," she giggles, and you wave her away, skull turning a nice shade of pink. "I didn't plan this! Hector'll kill me if he sees me with y-"

"Ahem."

You both turn your heads to see a lady with puffy hair and a unibrow. She strikes a pose and says, "It is I, Frida Kahlo. I would like to see the land of the living." Recognizing the name, you smile sheepishly. "You've got a person to attend to, Gigi. I'll go now. Lemme just-" you say, and take a step with your stuck leg.

Rrriip.

"TU kai!" you shout, and look down. The tiny tear has now become a strip of fabric, snaking around the front of your thigh and up, revealing a small part of your underwear. Skull flushing a deep red, you look up with pleading eyes. "Gigi, you don't happen-" you say, but are cut off as Gloria hands you a pair of scissors. "WHY DIDN'T YOU DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE?!" you yell, embarrassed beyond belief. "I was going to, but I was interrupted by the famous Ms. Kahlo," she says. Looking back up, you take the tool and find the 'celebrity' staring at your lower half. You snap in 'her' face, getting 'her' attention. "Hey, lady! My eyes are up here," you scorn, and 'she' chokes, clearing 'her' throat.

"S-Sorry," 'she' says, and turns back to your friend, sneaking glances at you. "Shall we skip the scanner? I'm on so many ofrendas, it would overwhelm your blinking thingy!" 'Frida' says, smoothing out 'her' clothes. Gloria hits the button anyway, and a beep is heard. "Oh! Looks like no one put up your photo, Frida," she says, and Hector gets out of his costume. "Okay okay. That was a lie; I apologize for that. But (Y/N)! You ruined my plan!"

"How?! I was just talking to a good friend of mine on this holiday you guys celebrate!"

"But you told her my outfit! And then you went and did... that..." he says, looking away as he gestures to your lower half. Huffing, you cross your arms and blow a piece of hair out of your face. "I did not tell her who you were! And why would I rip my own sweatpants?"

"To get a glance of me," he replies cheekily, turning to give you another grin. You grumble and go back to cutting yourself free, while he pleads with his eyes at Gigi. "No photo, no entry," she says, and he chuckles. "You know what? I'll just zip on over. You won't even know that I'm gone!"

Then Hector runs towards the bridge, and Gloria motions to the security guards, who roll their eyes and walk after him. He sinks into the flower petals, then starts to swim through it. The guards walk up and grab him by the shoulders, pulling him out of the petals and dragging him to Customs.

"All right. Fine. No biggie. DUMB FLOWER BRIDGE!" he yells, and you giggle. Gloria laughs alongside you, then hands you a roll of duct tape. "Here, patch yourself up and go make sure he doesn't get into anymore trouble," she says, and you sigh. "You know he will."

"Yeah, but maybe he won't be as inclined to do so with you by his side," she smirks, and you throw the duct tape back at her once you're done. Laughing, she blocks it, and you huff and walk towards Customs.