Where

•~•=(Your POV)=•~•

"Okay okay, up a little, look up, up, up... aaand... Ta-da! Dead as a doorknob," Hector mumbles, finishing Miguel's makeup. He hands the boy a mirror, then brushes himself off. "Okay, listen Miguel. This place runs on memories. If you're well remembered, people put up your photo on the ofrenda and you get to cross the bridge to the Land of the Living; unless you're me and (Y/N)," the skeleton explains. You just sit next to him, twiddling your thumbs and yawning once in a while. "So you two can't cross over?" the living boy asks, and you shake your head.

"No ones' ever put up our photo. But you can change that!" Hector answers, handing Miguel a picture of himself. The kid looks at it for a second, then back at the older male. "This is you?" he inquires, a little skeptical. "Yeah. Me guapo, yes?" he says, making a 'seducing' expression. After a moment, the boy then looks to you. "What about you? Do you have a picture?"

"Nah. I'm not a narcissistic kāhea uē," you reply, smirking. The 12 year old looks a little confused at your word, and you laugh. "Ha! Sorry, I forget that I'm the one of the only ones here that speak Hawaiian. Kāhea uē means 'cry baby'," you explain, and Hector scoffs. "¡Ay! I am not a cry baby!" he pouts, crossing his arms. You and Miguel roll your eyes, and he goes back to talking with your best friend. "So, you take me to my great-great-grandfather, and when he sends me home, I put up your photo?"

"Yes! Yes, such a smart boy, but there's one hiccup. Ernesto de la Cruz is a tough guy to get to, and I need to cross the bridge soon. Like, right now! Tonight! So, do you have any other family, who's maybe a little more accessible?" the skeleton asks, and the living pauses. "Nope," he chirps after a second, and Hector leans forward. "Don't jack my chain, chamaco. You've got to have some other family!" the older man states, and Miguel shakes his head, pushing the photo back to your best friend. "Only De la Cruz. So if you won't help me, I'll find him myself!" he says, getting up and walking off. You also stand up, following the kid. "Hey! Where are you going?!" the skeleton shouts to you and you shrug. "Gotta keep him safe. If Ernesto really is his family, I'd hate to be the one responsible for letting him walk into a street or something," you reason. Hector groans after a second, and hurries after you two. "Okay okay! Kid, I'll help you get to your great grandpa!"

~=<Time Skip>=~

After getting into a not-as busy road, the three of you walk while Hector talks to Miguel. "It won't be easy, you know. He is a very busy man," he says, until he notices that the boy is walking funny. "Hey, hey, what are you doing?"

"Walking like a skeleton! Ya know, to blend in!"

"No, skeletons don't walk like that."

"Well its how you walk."

"I do not," he replies, and you giggle. "Yeah, ya do. You look like you have a bad hangover." Hector just scoffs, but Miguel grins. "He might as well, just by looking at you," the 12 year old flirts, giving you a poorly executed wink. You burst out laughing, slowing down a little bit to hold your non-existent stomach as your bones literally rattle. The older male's face slightly heats up and he scowls, pushing the living. "Stop it!"

Gasping for air, you stand up a little straighter, giving a wheeze every once in a while. "That... that was really good..." you pant, jogging back up with the boys. "Woah! Ernesto de la Cruz's Sunrise Spectacular?! Que padre!" Miguel exclaims, pointing at a huge lit up bill board. You walk over to the duo, breathing heavily from your laugh attack.

"Blech. Every year, your great-great grandpa puts on that dumb show to mark the end of Día de Muertos," Hector explains, rolling his eyes.

"And you can get us in!"

"Uhhhhhh..."

"Hey, you said you had front row tickets!"

"That was a lie... I apologize for that," the skeleton says, and the living gives him a dirty look. You just roll your eyes and playfully elbow your best friend in the ribs, and he fakes pain. "Ow! What was that for, mi palomita?" he moans, clutching his chest as if he had a serious injury. "Such a liar, Hector. And to a kid! You're lucky we're already dead."

"Alright, alright. But I know a way to get to him."

"How?" Miguel pleads.

"'Cuz I happen know where he rehearses!"