Celebrity

•~•=(Your POV)=•~•

After a while of walking, the three of you come around the back of a warehouse, and Hector slingshots his arm up to the window. He knocks on it, and a lady with short hair opens up. "You better have my dress, Héctor!"

"Hola, Cici!" the older male yells back up, and a ladder comes crashing down. You all climb up and through the window, landing in a costume room. "Hola," Miguel says, and you wave. "Cici, I lost the dress..." the tall skeleton starts, and the costume maker starts yelling at him.

Miguel's dog starts sniffing around, then walks out of the room. "Dante! Dante!" the living calls, going after it. Sighing, you run after them, making sure that they don't get hurt or in trouble. The both of you go through the different areas of the workshop, when an Alebrije Monkey pops out and starts to play with the dog. The exotic animal then hops onto Dante's back, and rides him like a horse.

After it's flung off, the monkey climbs onto a lady's shoulder, and she turns around just as the young boy pulls the mutt closer to him, revealing the real Frida Kahlo. Seeing both you and Miguel, she becomes defensive. "You! And you! How did you get in here?!" the woman demands.

"I just followed my-"

"I was following him-"

You and Miguel start speaking at the same time, but her attention becomes focused on Dante. "Oh, the mighty Xolo dog! Guider of Wandering Spirits... And whose spirits have you guided to me today?" she says, looking up to you and the living. The younger boy looks a little weirded out, and he says, "I don't think he's a spirit guide."

"Uh, uh, uh! The alebrijes of this world can take many different forms. They are mysterious as they are powerful" Frida explains, having her monkey demonstrate different abilities to prove her point. She then looks back to the mutt, to find him chewing on his own leg. "Or maybe he's just a dog. Come! I need your eyes!" the artist exclaims, pulling the both of you to a darkened section of the warehouse.

Sitting the both of you down on a bench, Frida talks you through the scene. "You are the audience. Darkness... and from the darkness - a giant papaya!" Light illuminates a giant papaya prop. "Dancers emerge from the papaya, and they're all me! And they go to drink the milk of their mother, who is a cactus, but is also me. And the milk is not milk, but tears!" As the woman speaks, the actions appear in front of her. She then turns around very quickly. "Is it too obvious?" she asks sheepishly, looking concerned. "It's... the right amount of obvious?" Miguel says, confused. Well, more of a question than a statement.

However, you were analyzing the entire thing, and the scene has your gears turning. After a minute, a light bulb goes off in your head. "Oh! I get it! That's actually very, very subtle and clever," you compliment, and the boy gives you an incredulous look. "Huh?" he voices, and the female artist looks surprised. "Subtle? Hm. Explain," she says, and you stand up.

"Well, the papaya means health of the... you know," you say, gesturing to your lower parts while your back is to Miguel. Frida nods, and you continue. "And that papaya isn't even close to being ripe, so I'm assuming that there was something that happened prematurely. Then there are more than one Frida climbing out of it, so that would mean children. When they climb the Frida cactus, which is actually you, not your kids, they drink tears, which is sorrowful," you explain, and the real Frida looks ecstatic. "Yes! But tell me how it is subtle."

"Not many people know the different meanings behind different fruits and plants. I know them because I studied Hawaiian, a language and culture heavily based on nature. A like keʻano o ka'ōlelo," you say, and the woman smiles. "Ah, I see." A small cough gets yours and Frida's attention, and you both look at Miguel. "I think it would be better with some music! Like..." he says, vocalizing a tune. The female artist has an idea, and signals the band of musicians to imitate what the boy does. "And then maybe..." he continues, making another tune. The band follows.