Chapter 14: Well Shit, I'm Paralyzed

*Third Person POV*

Everyone was in Y/n's room at his house, watching Y/n as he was passed out. Irina and Xenovia were there too, Xenovia was just doing whatever, while Irina was wondering why he would use that attack, just to save her from it. Rias and the ORC were all worried about Y/n, since no attack had ever put him out this bad.

Y/n began to shift in bed slowly opening his eyes.

*Y/n POV*

I opened my eyes and noticed everyone from the ORC and the two church girls watching me.

"Good morning everyone." I said.

I was immediately pulled into a massive hug from all the girls of the ORC, boobs all up in my face.

"Okay," I said, "Glad you girls missed me, but could you please get off?"

After I pried the girls off my face, I turned to the church girls, "So, why are you still here? Shouldn't you be hunting down the holy sword?"

Irina spoke up, "Well, I would like to speak with you." she looked towards the ORC, "In private."

The ORC looked at me, "It's fine guys, she can't do much to me."

The ORC and Xenovia left the room and I looked at Irina, "What is it you wanted to speak about?"

"I wanted to ask," She said, "Why would you use that attack only to save me?"

I chuckled a bit, before speaking again, "Well, I was really just using you to test out my new attacks I haven't gotten the chance to in the past."

"What?"

"Well," I said, shrugging a bit, "I also never wanted to hurt you."

"Really?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes, I only want to hurt my enemies, not those I can consider allies."

"What makes us allies?"

I sighed, "You really don't get it, do you? I am not a devil, I am a shinigami. We are not enemies of the church. In fact, some of us work closely with the church."

"So really-"

"I wasn't finished," I cut her off, "I also want to help my friend. And as soon as we get rid of the holy sword, one way or another, he'll be better."

She looked me in the eyes, "You really care about your friends don't you?"

I chuckled, "I care about a lot of people. It's a downfall of being half-human."

She laughed a bit, "I would think you'd consider that a good thing."

"Yeah well, I'm not like most people."

"No you're not." I heard a voice in the dark corner of the room.

Irina backed away from the corner in fear before darting from the room.

"Did you really have to scare her Thanatos?" I asked.

He walked out of the darkness, chuckling a bit, "Not really, but it was funny."

"So, why'd you come?"

He looked over to me, "I came to tell you about what happened when you used that attack."

I looked him in his eyes, more like sockets, "I know what happened, I overdid it, and put myself in bed for a while. I need to rest up, don't I?"

"Yes, but that's not all."

"What else is there?"

"Let's get everyone else so that I can explain."

He left the room and got everyone. As everyone gathered back in my room, I noticed that Irina was hiding behind Xenovia.

"So, what is it you what to tell me?" I asked.

"Well," Thanatos started, "Wen you used that attack, you put too much of Death's magic into Funus' attack."

"I figured that." I said.

"Well, I'll come out and say it, you paralyzed yourself from the waist down. Don't worry, it's just temporary, until your magic recharges itself.  Also, your magic is going to need a few days to recharge, so no regeneration."

I looked down, "Damn." I turned toward Kiba, "I guess I can't help you find those swords. Sorry man."

He shook his head and patted my shoulder, "It's okay, I'm just glad you're all right."

I ran my hand over my face, "Well, thanks for coming by cousin."

He nodded at me, "Sorry about your legs kid, I'll see you around." He said before disappearing.

Overtime, everybody left, with the girls saying that they'd come and check on me tomorrow.

Now it was just me and Funus, left to talk about our powers and other random topics.

'Goddamn, this is boring.'