The Endless Wilderness

"Disgusting!"

In the Sumire-dori Shopping District stood a Japanese restaurant named Yukihira. The gagging voice came from the back of the restaurant, where 15 year old Soma Yukihira sat on a crate, tasting another one of his creations.

"These were never meant to go together. Squid tentacles and peanut butter."

"I'm like a genius" he chuckles under his breath "This is so nasty!"

"Soma!" A girl's voice called from inside "Mayumi is here! Come on!"

(Scene changes to the inside of the restaurant)

Sara POV.

A 15 year old, Sara Yukihira, stood on the side, watching her brother and father cooking the exact same dish for their friend, Mayumi, to judge.

He's going to lose again. She thought looking at her brother.

Since they were young, they've had cooking battles with their dad and with each other. Their dad always came out on top, in second place would be Sara and Soma would be last. But no matter how many times he lost, he'd get right back up with more determination.

She smiles. But I guess he won't be him if he didn't keep trying.

Third Person POV

Third Person POV

When the cooking was done, two plates of fried rice was laid in front of their friend.

Joichiro took off the band that held up his hair "Please enjoy."

Soma took off the sash around his forehead "Bon appétit, my lady!"

"Thank you very much!" She said. As she took a bite, her body wiggles in ecstasy, her cheeks flushed red. After the feeling pass, she pondered over who was the winner.

After a minute, she smiled and gesture to their dad "This one here!"

Joichiro held his fist up in victory as the crowd cheered. Sara came forward, clapping her hands.