The God Tongue

(Third Person POV)

"I'm starting to reconsider my decision." Sara stated, gesturing to the limos around the area.

"Man, we stick out like sore thumbs. Geez, all these other kids have butlers and bodyguards." Soma said as he scan the area.

Over the phone, Joichiro spoke "Don't forget kids, you'll be attending one of the best cooking schools in the country. It's highly competitive and the graduation rate is less than 10%, which means most of the people you meet won't last a month."

"We are so getting sabotaged." Sara complained

"Try to think positive, sweetie. And good luck, kids that school be-"

"Hey Joe!" A male voice called over the phone

"I'll be with you in just a moment sir!"

"Where is he, anyway?" Soma asked

"He should be in New York now..." She answered

Then she took the phone with her brother and put it on speaker "Where exactly are you in New York?"

"At the Manhattan Royal Hotel, the VIP Reception Hall."

"Wow"

"Not sure how long I'll be here though."

Sara could hear all the praise for her father's food over the phone.

(Flashback)

"Yukihira's back!!!"

"Give me one of every dish he cooks!"

"I don't give a damn if I don't have a reservation!! Nothing's gonna stop me from eating Yukihira's food!!"

An seven year old Sara stood besides her father as she stared that the crowd of people trying to make their way to the front of the door.

They had been in Spain for only three days and already the news about her father's return had spread. Lines went around the block every hour just for the chance to taste his food.

"Daddy, is this how it is whenever you go away?"

He chuckled "Most of the time but I don't mind."

"Why not? They look kinda scary to me when they do that."

He kneeled down to her level "You want to know?"

She nodded

He smiled "Because of the smiles on their faces. Knowing I made them happy and my food put a smile on even the gloomiest of people makes it all worth it"

She stared at him in awe

'Making people happy...'

(Flashback End)

She smiled. I guess I should be glad people still acted crazy for his cooking.

"My buddy and I went to India first, then Italy and Spain. Brings back some memories huh sweetheart?"

"Yeah" She said softly

Especially of him...

"Anyway, I flew into New York yesterday and I plan on staying here in America and cooking for a while."

"Huh? I can't even keep up with what you're saying." Soma said

"I'm doing this as a favor to a friend. So listen to me Soma, unlike your sister, who I have complete faith in-"