Part 2

The weird thing about dreams is that they block out all the pain and leave the great memories and unreal feelings. That's how Meg felt as she slept that night. She forgot the pain of her dad, the world, everyone else on it, everything. Well, not everything. There was only one person that brought warmness to her heart the way no one else could. Calvin. They sat and talked for hours about things that could only matter to them. But then the morning came and took away her happiness, leaving only the sinking feeling that Calvin could never want her; he was too good for her.
Meg shook it off, got dressed and went downstairs. She saw her mom and Charles Wallace sat at the table eating cereal. "Hey sweetie" her mom said as Meg walked in. "Hi meg" said Charles Wallace. "Hey guys." "You okay to go in today?" Of course, it was 4 years today since her father had gone missing. Just the thought of him brought a sinking feeling to her already empty stomach. Nevertheless, she brushed it off. "Yeah, im fine. You ready to go Charles Wallace?" Meg replied. Charles Wallace nodded and picked up his bag. He and Meg both kissed their mom on the cheek and left for school.
As Meg walked to her locker, she saw the judgemental looks from Veronica and her brainless cronies stood by her locker waiting for her to arrive. They all hushed as she walked past and Veronica stepped torwards her. "Everybody say hi to meg" she smirked. "Hi meg" her friends chirped. Veronica looked her dead in the eye. "Hi meg" she said. Meg pulled her books out of her locker and left for her first class. She made it to English without running into Veronica, but as she backed through the doorway, she bumped into someone. She turned around slowly and looked at who it was. And she stopped. Because she happened to be looking up into a sparkling pair of blue eyes that could only belong to - "sorry about that" Calvin smiled at her. Meg quickly moved around him to her seat, and for the rest of the lesson tried to avoid looking at him. Although, if she would have looked up from her English book, she would have seen a sparkling blue set of eyes looking at her the same way she always hoped he would...