Part 10

She sat up, unable to speak. How is this possible? She thought. This new version of Meg was everything the real Meg wanted. She was pretty, dressed well, had good hair and no glasses, confident. Everything! "We can make you just like her, you know" Charles Wallace said, his eyes glowing a creepy dark red. "She's popular, fun, does well in school, everyone would love her. And I bet Calvin would love her most of all."
Could this really be true? Could the It really give her everything she wanted and more? No, it seemed too good to be true.

"All you have to do is join us. Give in to the dark. Become what you were supposed to be." Charles Wallace said. Meg took her eyes off the new meg circling her and looked at her brother. "Im already who im supposed to be" she said "im stubborn, quiet, unresponsive, violent, and untrusting. But I do know that you love me Charles Wallace. And I love you. I love you too Charles Wallace". As she said this, he fell to the ground and his eyes returned to the emerald green ones that meg knew belonged to her brother.
She watched as the new version of herself slowly vanished, but then turned swiftly back to Charles Wallace. He stood up and ran to her. "Meg!" He hugged her tightly, and she hugged him back. "Thank you for saving me". Meg smiled at him.
"What are sisters for if not saving you from evil beings?" Charles Wallace laughed.
Another voice also laughed from behind them.

They turned around and saw the Mrs' stood behind them.
"Well done meg" Mrs Who said.
"You rescued you father and your brother from the darkness" Mrs Whatsit said.
"We're very proud of you" Mrs Which said. "So proud in fact that we think its time for you to start the tesser home."
Meg closed her eyes and lifted her arms as she had seen them do on many occasions. The world around her suddenly went strange. She opened her eyes as the Mrs' smiled and disappeared and Charles Wallace ran through the tesser. She quickly followed him, but she didn't hit the floor as she expected.
She floated around in the light for a bit, until she was at the end of a tunnel. When she reached the end, she walked through a doorway and was once again in her back garden, where she saw the faces of Charles Wallace, her father and Calvin.
She hugged her father, then her brother, then Calvin.
He smiled at her and she grabbed his hand as they walked inside.

Her mom was sat at the kitchen table reading.
"Mom!" Charles Wallace said as he ran to hug her.
Their mom laughed w. "You haven't been gone that long!" She said.
Meg and Calvin leaned on the table. "Meg brought you something" Calvin said, squeezing meg's hand.
Her mom looked confused.
Meg's father walked into the kitchen, and her mothers face lit up. She dropped her book as ran to hug him.

Their reunion lasted for several minutes before Charles Wallace jumped into the hug. Meg and Calvin walked outside, still hand in hand.
"I should probably go home." Calvin said.
"You sure?"
He nodded. "I have some things I need to talk to my dad about."
But Meg didn't want him to leave. She looked down. After running around the galaxy with him all day, she'd become really attached to him.
Calvin lifted up her chin and before meg knew it she felt his soft lips on hers.
After a few minutes, he pulled away.
"I'll call you later," he said, before turning and walking out of the garden.
Meg smiled to herself as she walked back into her house.