Part 9

Meg and Calvin kept running until, somehow, they ended up in a room. A solid, white room.
Meg looked up, and saw Charles Wallace stood above her. "Welcome, Meg!"

Meg and Calvin stood up. "Charles Wallace, where did you bring us?" Calvin asked. But deep down he must have known. Meg did. She knew exactly where they were.
They were in the lair of the It.

"I brought you here Meg," Charles Wallace said, "so you could meet your father." Meg was confused. "He's here?" Charles Wallace grinned.
On the wall, there was a set of stairs that just seemed to stop half way and not go anywhere. But meg had an idea.
She carefully climbed the stairs and stopped as she got to the top. She stuck out her foot and took a step off the stairs.
Meg heard Calvin draw a breath in, as if scared she would fall.
Except, she didn't. She was stood on air. She kept walking until she was facing the corner. Meg took a deep breath and walked through the wall, finding herself in a long, thin room. And near the end, there sat a man, hunched over, against a wall.
He looked over as Meg walked in. Megs heart stopped. Because sat at the other end of the room was her father.

Meg ran at him and hugged him. "Meg?" He whispered. "Is this a dream?" Meg shook her head. After a few minutes of hugging and crying, they left the room together.
"Charles Wallace?" Her dad said. "Is that you my boy?" Charles Wallace sighed and shook his head. "I've gotta say, im disappointed. I was told you were a fabulous scientist. But im not quite seeing it yet".
He clapped his hands and this invisible floor beneath Meg and her father disappeared completely.
He made a pushing motion with his hands, and Meg, her father, and Calvin all fell over. "Come on" Charles Wallace said. "Lets go meet the It".

They screamed as they were dragged down the corridor. But meg felt herself going dizzy. Calvin grabbed her hand but weakly and as meg turned to look at him he was unconscious.
Soon after, meg was beside him, asleep as if in a coma.
When she woke up, her dad was trying to pull her through a tesser. But she pulled out at the last moment. "Im not going without Charles Wallace" she said weakly as the tesser closed.
He carried on dragging her until they reached a doorway. As soon as meg went through it, she passed out again. And when she woke up, she was in a dark evil place. She looked up, but even without her glasses she could see someone stood over her.
She found her glasses and stared in shock at the figure standing over her.

It was her.