1

I walked down the hallway of the vacant school. I could hear my footsteps echoing throughout the darkness. I heard the school bell chime, proposing that any students still at school were to leave. I reached the end of the hallway to be greeted by the door to the outside world.

I pushed the door open and walked outside. I felt the cold winter air splash over my face. Just after a few steps, my face had reddened from the icy air. I lifted my hood over my head, as Mother Nature decided it was a good time for a mid-winter snowfall. I covered half of my face with my bulky scarf and quickend my pace.

I finally got home after what felt like hours of running through a thick snowfall. I took of my shoes and placed my bookbag on te kitchen table. I just moved to Japan, seeking a better education. I lived in a small, one-person apartment, it got lonley sometimes, but I managed.

I poured myself a cup of hot chocolate. It's getting close to Christmas, I thought. When I lived with my parents I would celebrate it with them. We would bake cookies, watch a movie, and open presents of course. Unfortunately, they're currently on the other side of the world, so I'm still not quite wure what I should do.

I had only been living in Japan for about 2 months, but I managed a few friends. They don't seem too trustworthy though. Maybe they'll have a party and invite me or something. Its not like I want them to though. Don't get the wrong idea. I might just stay at home, watch a movie, and drink some hot chocolate. I'm not really one for big parties anyways.
* * *

I lay on my bed, unable to sleep. I toss and turn in the infinite wonderland of sheets, but no position seems to help drift me off. I stare out the one window in my apartment. I manage small white specks still falling from the sky. It hasn't stopped snowing since I got out of school earlier.

I reached for my phone on the bedside table. I checked the time. 23:38. I threw an arm across my chest. Jeez, why won't I just fall asleep already?! I quickly let go of that thought, thinking that stress would just add to the inability to sleep. I shut my eyes closed and spread my arms and legs out on my large bed. I eventually fell asleep.

Sunlight shone through the curtains of my window. I opened my eyes only to be blinded by the bright light. I groaned and got out of bed to prepare for the school day. I opened the curtains and saw a white shining blanket of snow across the dead, and if not dead dying, grass. I turned on the television and stripped off my pajamas. As I put on my uniform, I hear that my school is closed for the day because of the snow. I shrugged off my uniform and put my pajamas back on.

No need to put on any other clothes if I:m not going anywhere. I made myself some breakfast and poured a hot cup of coffee. I closed my eyes and layed back on my chair. Vrrrrrrrr. My phone vibrated. I turn it on and find that one of my "don't seem trustworthy" friends, Ryu messaged me. Hey guuuuurrrl! U hear? No school 2day! Woop time to parrrtayy! Thank god for snow am i right?? I rolled my eyes at her enthusiasm.

Who would come to her stupid party if there was snow pilled on all the roads? But I do have to admit, I admire how positive she can be in such coldness. I decide not to text her back, only to find my phone vibrating again after five minutes. u there??? lol come over!! this partys just gettin started!! Oh my gosh, can she just leave me alone?

I don't go to Ryu's, so called, 'party', only to hear all about it the next day at school. The snow had cleared up quite a bit, and with the help of snowplows, it was possible to journey to school. "I was like, 'OH MY ACTUAL GOSH CHII DONT YOU DARE!!' But he did it anyways. He freaking devoured ​, like all the food in my fridge. I'm super pissed." Ranted Ryu. As much as I would love to hear her ramble on about how Chii 'freaking devoured everything in her fridge', I have better things to do with my life.