Homophobes are Assholes

Prompt: Excuse me?

Warnings: A homophobic asshole makes an appearance at the guild, and there are many insults thrown, including homophobic ones. Read carefully, please.

There were somethings about human society that genuinely pissed Natsu off. They were few and far between, but they were still there. The guy on the other side of the guild was one of them. He was tallish, with brown hair and soft blue eyes, but he had quickly proven that his personality was not as pretty as he was.

He had come in with a job request, and he'd immediately started flirting with Mira, despite her constant rejections. No matter how many times she tried to walk away and serve someone else, he'd pull her back to him.

He was being a dick, and Natsu wasn't the only one angry. He could see Gray and Erza sending death glares, and he could hear the soft growls coming from his fellow Dragon slayers.

Then he grabbed her across the waist, and Natsu was already crossing the room. Mira was showing extreme discomfort, and she was tugging at his arm.

Laxus got there first. "Hey, jackass. She said no." He pulled Mira's much smaller frame out of the brutish brunet's, shoving her behind him.

"I never heard a no," He protested. He may not have showed any fear at the blond's presence, but Natsu could smell it. "I just heard rather pleasant disagreements. One's the can be changed, you know?"

"No, I don't," Laxus said. He bent down so that he was face to face with the smaller male, and he allowed his magic to spark.

"Deck him, Laxus" Freed was leaning over the side rail of the second floor, but that was all that was needed. The brunet, who Natsu still didn't know the name of, took only a single glace at the rune mage.

His smirk turned vicious, and Natsu realized what was coming just a moment too late. "Is she your little cheer-leader, faggot?"

Laxus raised an eyebrow curiously, "The hell are you talking about?" The entire guild was watching, and for the first time in years, he was about to make a fool of himself.

Natsu stepped in between them, "First of all, I was on the other side of the room, and I definitely heard Mira tell you no." The brunet tried to interrupt, but Natsu didn't plan on taking any of his shit. "No, shut the fuck up. You're going to sit back in that bar seat, hold your tongue, and listen. If you don't I'm going to drop kick your ass across Fiore. Am I clear?" He could feel the stares of his guild mates on his back. Natsu had made a point to not snap at people, with the exception of Gray, so they weren't used to seeing him pissed at people they weren't fighting. He received nod from the intruder, so he continued, "Good. Now, second of all, Freed's a boy, so no matter what you think he looks like, he identifies and a guy. Get over it. Third of all, the word 'faggot' is an English word for cigarette, not a gay person. Fourth of all, you've made Mira uncomfortable, so I'm going to have to ask you to get the hell out of our guild and to find a new place for your request."

The flyer for his job was ribbed off the board but an irate Erza, who then proceeded to shred it.

Natsu began to walk away, but a small mumble had him whipping around, "Care to repeat that? I'm not sure I caught it all."

The intruder didn't hesitate. "You never denied that they were dating, and judging by the way you reacted, your just as much of a filthy homo." The entire guild was enthralled at this point, and Natsu couldn't say he blamed them. He was struggling not to laugh at the moron who decided to mess with Fairy Tail.

"Well they think they're sneaky and I didn't want to out them if they weren't comfortable with it, but in all honesty, who didn't know they were dating?" Their faces turned an alarming shade of red, and Laxus spluttered out to many denials to count. "Come on, show of hands. Who actually didn't know?" He turned back to the brunet and gestured to their audience. "No one person didn't know, and newsflash, not one of them cares."