Chapter VI

Will's house was amazing. Every time I came over, I couldn't get over how cool it was.

Picture a normal townhouse, okay? Now take that townhouse and add a few hippies, then add a modern country vibes. Got it? Now add the smell of midtime summer. Beaches, sunshine, green grass, plants in full bloom.

That's Will's house.

It was even harder to believe that his house was literally five houses down from mine. My regular, junky house.

I didn't bother to knock anymore, Mr. and Mrs. Solace treated me like their own child now.

Will greeted me at the entrance, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Nico! Nico! Nico!" He exclaimed, hugging me. I hugged him back, laughing.

"Why so excited?" I asked.

"I haven't seen you for two whole hours, that's why!" Will was a fluffball. His poor little heart couldn't take more than a few minutes without his biffle around.

There was a shout from upstairs. "Will, is Nico here?"

"Yeah!" I answered.

"We're gonna go to my room!" Will yelled to here. "Don't come in!" He grabbed my hand and led me to his room.

His room was decorated like any teenage boy. Pride flags, posters of his favorite bands, and a stack of notebooks with notes for when he goes to Med. School.

The normal stuff.

Will pulled out a bag of Doritos from under the bed. "Don't tell my parents about this," he whispered as he rummaged around some more in his little snack stash.

I smiled. "My lips are sealed."

He grabbed a few more bags of various chips and two large bottles of Gatorade. "Wow," I said in awe as I got a better look at his stash. "This is amazing."

"Take anything you want," he offered. I plan to hold him to that offer later.

A few minutes later and the TV was on, showing the Netflix homescreen while Will and I were enjoying our first few bites of Doritos.

"What're we gonna watch?" I asked as Will scanned through the suggested shows.

That's when I saw it.

Voltron: Legendary Defender.

It looked so beautiful, so graceful. It seemed to be calling to me.

"I was thinking Voltron," Will said, his voice just a mumble and I oggled at the sight of the glorious show. "Haven't seen it yet, and I hear a new season is coming out soon."

"Yes." I was dazed, still taking in all the glory of just seeing the name. I accidently dropped a chip while being dazed.

Once the first episode started playing, I knew it was the one.

"They call me the tailor 'cause of how I 'thread the needle'," The blue one said with the most dumb expression on his face.

All in all, it was great. We made it through all of season one, two, and three before I even dared to look at the time.

"Oh dang." Will mentioned the time. "You gonna stay the night or...?"

"Nah, I should head home," I stated. "We do have school tomorrow."

"Let me walk you to the door?"

"Sure."

We stood up and walked silently to the front of the house. I went to open the door, but was stopped by a hand on my shoulder.

Will pulled me closer to him, and he wrapped his arms around me. His hands were balled into fists as if he was aggravated about something. Or maybe just so they wouldn't do something against his will.

"Bye," he whispered. My hair ruffled by a touch that I could only imagine as his lips. Will then lightly pressed his cheek into my hair.

I pulled away. "Bye."