Chapter XXVIII

I couldn't help but smile as the three worst people alive (no, Donald Trump wasn't one of them, unfortunately) were loaded into the back of the police cars.

Missing children have been returned home. Murders have been solved. And parents and kids were reunited. They cried together as the children told them of what happened.

It was horrible.

Especially when one mother, brown hair with grey streaks mixed in, was left wandering the crowd. The police had called everyone to the sight of the crime. To the manor of Luke Kronos.

"Sally Jackson?" One female police officer asked. The lady perked up. "I'm so sorry..." The officer's voice was solemn and gloomy. Sally Jackson looked confuse for a bit, until realization struck her.

"P-Percy?" She asked.

"He sacrificed himself to save the life of Nico di Angelo and many others who were being attacked by Pluto Hades."

The last thing I saw was Ms. Jackson crying on the officer's shoulder. I couldn't bear to stay any longer.

***

We were brought home by the police. They dropped us off at our front door, promising us counseling if we ever felt we needed it. Mom already had a therapist. She said I could get one if I felt like it.

But I didn't want to have to relive that again. Especially to a stranger.

I hopped out of the car, expecting to go straight to my room for a good nap. But I didn't make it.

I was brought down to the ground...

In a hug.

"Will!" I screamed, pushing him off of me. "Get off, you're squishing me!"

He kissed all around my face, pausing a second before crushing against my lips. It was quite aggressive, especially for a fluffnut like Will.

He wrapped his arms around me, hugging me tight. Hot tears dripped onto my collarbone and I knew Will was crying.

"I missed you," Will whispered, his voice soft. "I was so worried, and when they tried to get me..."

"It's okay," I told him. "I'm here now. I'm not going anywhere."

"I can't believe I ever let you enter that house after seeing your dad... I can't believe I was able to get you back into my arms after losing you in such a harsh way." He let out a small chuckle. "Is this a dream?"

"It's one hundred percent real, I assure you," I promised. "And you're not going to lose me. Just..." I picked his head off my shoulder so I could see his eyes. "Just look at me, and you can see how real I am. Keep your eyes on mine, and you'll see how real we are. Together." Argh, I sounded cheesy. But it seemed to soothe Will, so I didn't take it back.

I kissed his lips softly. "Look at me."

(A/N) Sorry it was so short but that was some sad shit. Anyhow, this was kind of a "Reunite + Epic title drop" chapter. Next chapter will be a fill in so it's cool if you wanna get right back into the drama and skip next chapter.

K.

Thanks for reading.

Bye.