thirteen

the moment in school has me still anxious about if the boy says anything to anybody. i haven't told grayson yet i don't need him to kill the boy. my phone makes the bing noise that i got a notification. lunging for my phone almost dying in the process of chi ping over my bed head first , fly squirrel mode i snatch the phone from my nightstand and read the text out loud for some reason.

"i won't say anything but you have to do something in return lauren" i say softly into my empty room. my hands begin to shake typing back to this random number.

again reading out loud i text back, "who the hell are you what do you want from me" i send the text back to the person and burry my face into my pillows with tears about to fall. as a tear begins to form i get another notification.

"well, my name is something i will not reveal. but i want you to meet me after school on monday to discuss what needs to be done in order for your secret not to come out our should i say sexcret" my eyes practically bulge out of my eyes reading to the text to myself.

"where." is all i reply back. there is no way anyone can find out about XXX.

i put my phone down back onto the nightstand walking away from it to get food from my kitchen downstairs. my doorbell rings as i'm halfway down the stairs i jog over to the door and looking through the distorted glass in the middle of it to see who it is. it's the mailman with a manilla envelope in his hands. opening the door he greets me with the envelope and says to have a nice day. i reply politely and close the door locking it behind me.

i undo the medal flap and pull open the ugly orange sac aka the envelope. there is about $1,000 cash at the bottom of it and a note on the side of the paper. i take it out seeing the word "congrats" written in bold across the top of the page. "you have earned 200,000 views on XXX. here is a little of our support!" is all it says on the plastic sheet. i take out the wad of cash counting the many hundreds in my hand. 20 hundreds. $2,000 is sitting in my hands. the first thought of this is where he he'll i'm going to hide this money. i run up the stairs and dump the money into my bra draw and slam it shut.