XIII

Kilfer woke.

Something felt wrong in his blood, he felt it. Someone was in trouble.

Ever since he woke up from the dream, he felt it. Kilfer closed his eyes for a moment, felt where the distress was and hurried through the only opening. Something that was powerful was near, he felt it but ignored the brewing sensation he might be trampling onto something dangerous.

Finally, he hurried out, where the tunnel opened to an entire hall, stone statues covered the sides of the hall and in the middle dark tendrils of magic was reaching onto someone, a girl with the tattered white tunic, and blood seeped out onto the ground.

Atop the throne that dwarfed all in the hall a dark figure sat, and he stared straight at its face, right within the black mists that shrouded its face, and finally saw its face, but it was a myriad of faces, turning from Ferhia's to the Alpha's to his own.

"Mere mortal," Its tone was calm but venomous, "You can't see my true countenance, stop your futile attempts, the curse has finally gone its course in my favor, I have already consumed the blood of the cursed, and finally the veil can be broken by me! Face your fate, the Pack can never be resurrected, only I can allow their resurrection -- against you."

The Ghost raised up above its throne, a huge gust of wind suddenly swirling around the hall, and Kilfer saw Ferhia from the corner of his eyes Kilfer saw Ferhia's limp body precariously lying near the throne where the dark magic throbbed.

"Ferhia!" He yelled, trying to use his magic to will Ferhia's body to her, but the wind was too powerful that even he struggled hard to keep himself on the ground.

"Farewell, and we shall never meet," That was the last word Kilfer heard before everything disappeared.

Silence.

Kilfer was crouched in a corner, the voice of the Ghost still imprinted in his mind. The Ghost. He knew that name from the prophecy, bringer of death and destruction. He had vowed to avenge the Pack and kill whoever stood against him and find Ferhia's parents, but when she really stood before the Ghost he could do nothing, powerless and weak.

But now, Ferhia was the only one in the entire realm that he could care for, and the only one who would care for him. He staggered towards her and felt within her inner self. She was dead -- at least her mortal self was dead, but he could feel the soul of Ferhia and that meant that she could still be brought back to life.

'Only if there was one powerful enough. Only if...' Kilfer paused in his thoughts, remembering something.

"Mizervon, the first human leader of the Pack," Kilfer spoke out loud. Even though those that said Mizervon was still alive somewhere were simply rumors, he knew he had to try to find him, probably the old dwarf Mizervon knows something.

He stood, and felt the opening from the hall, and left using his magic to carry Ferhia out, with that tiny glimmer of a chance that Mizervon might be on the map of the realm somewhere, and he is powerful enough to face The Ghost and all the other madness he brought with him...

If you enjoyed this story, please kindly leave a vote, and constructive criticism is accepted in the comments. Thank you!

Note:

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO HAVE READ TO THIS PART!! This is the end of Wolf Child Book 1, but The Ghost still reigns, it is still unknown if Mizervon is still alive and Ferhia's life and death still hangs in the balance. So, keep reading on until the next story coming out shortly: BOOK 2 OF THE WOLF CHILD SERIES -- THE HALL OF THE SEVEN KINGS!

Until then, see you and again, thank you for reading till' the end!!

Goodbye!

~TheNorthernEagle