Chapter 2 - Takashi Morinozuka

Chapter 2 – Takashi Morinozuka

I blinked a few times after he declined my invitation. I knew that there was a chance that he wouldn't accept it but his words struck me hard.

Why didn't I prepare for this?

No. I did prepare for something. I prepared for our match. "W—Why are you declining? Are you afraid to lose?" I mocked but my stutter contradicted my statement.

I knew that he wasn't afraid of me or even if he was, he was too good at hiding his own emotions than I thought.

"I think it's just a waste of time," he answered flatly.

"It's not a waste of time!" I snapped. "I'm fighting for the honor of my family. If you don't accept my challenge, you're ruining the name of your family and it shows how a coward of a man you are,"

"Calm down now," Tamaki slipped in between me and Takashi. "Let's talk things ou—"

"You're a disgrace if you decline an invitation from a clan that's lower than yours," I added. I wanted to push him to his limits so he would snap like I did.

Silence surrounded us.

"I refuse,"

I didn't know that it was possible to be mentally slapped twice in a day. My attempts to provoke him went down the drain in an instant.

I opened my mouth to speak but Takashi was already walking away and the only sound that filled the air was the door being closed.

"Don't be sad," Mitsukuni tugged on the bottom of my hoodie. "I think Takashi doesn't want to fight you because he respects girls,"

"Gender doesn't have anything to do with martial arts," I glared at the ground because I refused to glare at the little blonde boy when he did nothing wrong.

"But a gentleman doesn't know how to hurt a lady," Tamaki uttered dramatically. "And every one here knows what a gentleman Mori-senpai is,"

"A gentleman?" I glared at Tamaki. "Do you even know how to do martial arts? Men and women are equal on the mat and if Takashi Morinozuka doesn't even know that, then his clan should just kick him out,"

"Why are you so desperate to fight Mori-senpai?" Haruhi chimed in. Her question wasn't in any tone demanding but I knew that she was just asking out of pure curiosity.

"I'm sorry to say but it's none of your business," I answered. "I can only say that I'm fighting for the honor of my family,"

"Not hurting you is—" one of the twins said but stopped in midair.

"—honorable for Mori-senpai," the twin finished. "Each one of us has different perspective in terms of respect for women,"

"I'm gonna go follow Takashi for a moment. Talk things out calmly or Usa-chan would be sad, okay~?" Mitsukuni skipped outside of the room energetically like he was just taking a stroll in the playground.

"Don't look so sad," one of the twins comforted me. "A good pair of clothes would be enough to make a girl happy,"

"Except for Haruhi," one of the twins whispered in a low voice.

"Not all girls like to be fashionable," Haruhi sighed. "You two should just really mind your own businesses,"

"Don't bully my daughter," Tamaki clung onto Haruhi but Haruhi was quick to push him away. "If you don't like her style, don't look at her! And just so you know, I love how adorable Haruhi dresses! You should appreciate it," he then looked at the annoyed-looking Haruhi. "Right, daughter?"

"Shut-up, Tamaki-senpai," Haruhi sighed once again.

"By the way, I'm Hikaru and this is Kaoru. We're the Hitachiin twins. You've heard the others' names. What's yours?"

"Natsuya Torizuga,"

"Kyoya-senpai, you're so quiet during the whole conversation. What can you say about this?" Haruhi asked.

"Just one fight, please," I mumbled to myself and even though I knew that some people heard, no one reacted about it. I was too desperate that I started talking to myself.

What a huge development in my character.

"I think that this would be a great source of income," Kyoya said as he wrote something on his notebook. He returned his attention to us after a few seconds. "Their fight would sell a lot of tickets if made official,"

"You're just making it worse," Haruhi sighed for the nth time this day.

"Both sides will benefit if the match is made official," Kyoya lightly pushed his glasses upward. "One will have money and the other one will be able to fight with honor," Kyoya looked at me. "You can see my point, right?"

"I don't care if you will be able to make money from this," I replied. "All I really care about is being able to fight the Morinozuka,"

"Then it's a deal," Kyoya grinned. I didn't know why it felt like I made a deal with the devil. "You can come here every day and I will help you convince Mori-senpai—but in return, you have to help us with serving the guests,"

It didn't really take me some time to think about it when I said," Deal."