Chapter 4 - Takashi Morinozuka

Chapter 4 – Takashi Morinozuka

Again, I stood in front of the mansion with a rapidly beating heart. I didn't know what to do but I knew what would happen.

I failed, yet again.

I couldn't get what happened earlier out of my head.

*Flashback*

I attacked him as his back was facing me. I knew that it was a low blow but I thought that he would fight me if I provoked him enough.

If I managed to land an attack on him, I was sure that he would fight me.

I wanted him to be frustrated.

As my arm was nearing him, he effortlessly dodged my attack. He didn't even put down the boxes that he was holding.

I tried to use my other arm but he managed to dodge again like it was no big deal.

"W—Why?" my voice cracked. "Why won't you fight me?"

"I just don't want to," he muttered as he took all the boxes of trash. "I'll be throwing all of these away. You should first take a rest and let your wounds heal."

*End of Flashback*

I couldn't help but admit that he was so quick and strong. He didn't even break a sweat. There was no chance for me to win against him.

But I didn't want to give up.

Even if I lost in a fight with him, at least I could say that I tried.

At least, I would be able to say that I fought with pride and dignity.

I walked inside the mansion and anticipated for what was going to come next. "Natsuya," my father appeared from behind me again. It wouldn't be surprising if I got used to him popping out of nowhere to torment me. "I'm waiting for some good news,"

"I'm sorry," just like the last time, I apologized.

"You're such a failure!" my father's face was red in anger. "Tomorrow is your last chance, Natsuya. If you fail again tomorrow, I'll make sure that you'll receive severe torture,"

"Y—Yes, father," it was the first time that I heard that I would be receiving punishment such as torture. I knew that some of my family members had already been tortured before and they had stories to tell that were not pleasant to hear.

"I think I need to make you feel what the punishment feels like," he explained. "Mild torture for today so you would get the idea, or maybe the hang of it just in case you fail tomorrow. Move on to the torture chamber."

***

My whole body ached as I went to the host club earlier today. This was my last chance and I didn't want to let it slip away. It was lunch time and the whole club was hanging out in the garden of Ouran.

I was almost beaten to death yesterday. Who knew of what I would face later on if I failed on defeating Takashi today?

I swallowed my pride and walked up to Takashi who was sitting on the bench while watching Mitsukuni who was playing around.

"Hey," I greeted like I was starting a casual conversation. "Mind if I sit beside you?"

"Go ahead," he said and I took my seat. After a few seconds, he asked, "Are you asking me to fight you again?"

"Yes,"

"You know the answer already, don't you?"

"I do," I responded. "But please...fight me once and I'll get out of your sight. If you want, I'll never step on Ouran ever again,"

"Why are you so desperate to fight me?"

"I—I can't tell you," I stuttered. "Just please...I'm begging you,"

I didn't want to face the consequences of being a failure.

I was scared.

"Look at Mitsukuni," he changed the topic and nudged at the little blonde boy. "Does he look strong to you?"

I shook my head. "No,"

"But he's stronger than me," he pointed out. "He doesn't care what anyone would think of him. He doesn't care if people think that he's a crybaby because he's small and acts like a kid,"

"Where are you getting at?"

"Being strong isn't about beating someone stronger than you," he looked at me dead straight into the eyes. "Being strong is having the power to be able to protect someone,"

"Protect?" I repeated.

"Mitsukuni and I don't fight battles like you do. We became strong because we know how to protect each other,"

"You don't get my point..."

"Are you strong?" he suddenly asked me. "Do you have something that you protect for yourself that you refuse to give up? What are you fighting for, Natsuya?"

I grew surprised of how he called me by my name.

I was too stunned to speak by what he asked and when he spoke my name. I couldn't give him an answer even after a minute of thinking about it. He just sat there, waiting for my response.

Did I have something to protect?

What was I fighting for?

Was I really strong enough to face Takashi...or anyone?