Chapter 8 - Takashi Morinozuka

Chapter 8 – Takashi Morinozuka

I had been staying here in the Ootori's hospital for three months already but not once did my family come to pay me a visit. Just like before, I started to wonder if they really did love me or they just raised me because I was an only child that they had no other choice but to make me the heiress of the family.

I started to think that maybe I had no home to return to at all.

Where would I go after I got discharged?

Three months ago, Takashi said that he had a plan in mind...but I still didn't have an idea of what it was because everyone refused to tell me.

They told me that it was going to be a surprise.

*Flashback*

"Please, tell me what the plan is," I kept bugging the host club members. It had been a week since Takashi told them of the plan.

"It's a secret, Nat-chan~!" Mitsukuni grinned happily. "It's a surprise!"

"I'm dying to know," I pouted.

"Wow. I never thought—"

"—that you know how to pout," the twins stood back to back. It frustrated me to know that I still could not tell them apart. Maybe I could ask Haruhi later to teach me of how to distinguish the Hitachiin twins.

"I don't know why you're hiding the plan from me," I started to reason. "The plan is about me so I have the right to know about it, don't you agree?"

"We already told you that it's a surprise!" Tamaki exclaimed.

"Whatever," I rolled my eyes. "When am I going to get out of here?"

"You are not fully healed yet," Kyoya pointed out.

"I'm fine," I assured them. "I don't want to be stuck in the hospital. I need to go home,"

"No," Takashi joined the conversation. "You're going to be staying here for three months or so until all the preparations have been completed,"

"What?!" my eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. "Three months?! Why would I stay here for three months?! I'm not in a coma, you know?"

"It's safer that way," Takashi replied. "It would be impossible for us to let you go home since we already know of what your life is in there,"

"Is it me...or is Mori-senpai speaking more than usual before?" Haruhi wondered.

"You're right," Kyoya agreed. "I thought I was the only one who noticed so I didn't point it out,"

"Well, ever since Natsuya-senpai came to the host club—"

"—he started to talk more," the twins shrugged.

"I like this kind of Takashi!" Mitsukuni raised his hand like he was answering a question given to him by a teacher.

"I haven't noticed it!" Tamaki grew agitated. "When did you all start to notice?"

"You're just dense—"

"—and idiotic," the twins laughed evilly.

*End of Flashback*

The host club was a place full of fun and caring people. I was lucky that I stumbled upon them that I couldn't ask for anything more.

The door opened as it revealed Takashi.

"What are you doing here so early in the morning?" I asked him. "You're the first one who got here,"

"Is there something wrong with what?" he curiously asked.

I shook my head, "Not really,"

Takashi and I grew closer than I thought for the last three months that I wouldn't deny the fact that I was starting to fall for him. I knew that I was stupid for falling for him but the times we spent together made me realize that I was attracted to the mysterious young man.

"I brought food," he held out the paper bag that he was carrying.

"You've been bringing me food lately,"

"You've been eating hospital food for the past few months. I figured out that you're getting sick of it and want a new taste in your palate,"

"Thank you," I smiled at him. "When are the others going to arrive?"

"They're not going here," he sat on the edge of the hospital bed while looking at the scenery outside the window.

"Why?" I sounded so disappointed.

"Because once you finished eating and have prepared yourself," he looked at me in an instant. "The time has come for the plan to take action."