Family of Devils

Disclaimer: I Don’t own Devil May Cry or the main characters, just my OC’s.

                Nero ran as fast as his feet could carry him down Slum Street towards the shop. “Maybe Dante might know who they were.” He thought. He continued to run as thoughts of the red devil hunter reacting to the information flashed in his head. He was so busy that he almost didn’t see a blond little girl in a pink dress with frills holding some shopping bags. He saw the girl right as she turned around, coming to a skidding halt in front of her.

                “Hey Nero.” Patty said to the half devil. When he came to work at the shop almost 4 years ago she accepted him full heartedly to the team. He seemed to mind her, though they did get competitive around each other.

                “Hey Patty, I take it you just came from shopping.”

                A beaming smile spread across her face.  “Yep, I found these cute swimsuits at the little boutique.”  He just grimaces at that, it was fall after all and Capulet city was already getting a brisk air.

                “Is Dante paying for all that?” he asked, though already was pretty sure of the answer.

                “Yep, this is an alternative to the Strawberry sundae’s he owes me.” She answered. Nero just smirked at this. The little girl was like lady with the fact that she always found a way to get the red half-devil to pay up what he owes people.

                “Does he know he’s paying for them?” again already sure of the answer.

                “Nope.” She answered cheerfully. Nero could barely keep himself from bursting out laughing as the image of Dante’s mouth dropping open at the sight of the bill for the garments. They started walking towards the shop discussing said devil’s reactions to her surprise. They neared a brick building with neon red letters that spelled out Devil My Cry, with the D flickering off every once in a while. They entered the building to find everyone was already there.

                Dante was behind his desk, feet propped up leaning back in his chair with a gun magazine in his hands. Trish was on her Ipad at one end of the couch. Lady was at the other end of the couch polishing off one of her guns, her foot tapping away to some unknown beat. Nero and Patty exchanged a look at that image. When lady polishes her gun she’s annoyed, usually because Dante missed a payment, but when she taps her foot whilst doing it, well it was close to the time to take cover. Vergil was in the loveseat adjacent to ladies position on the couch reading a book, but was glancing at lady.

                It was only a few months after Nero came to Capulet city that the blue half-devil had showed up. Well to say that the reunion was surprising was a major understatement; a big cluster fuck would be a better statement. It hadn’t helped when he found out the then teenager was in possession of his sword Yamato, well that actually was resolved a lot less painfully then the reconciliation between the two brothers. They found a way to give back Yamato to Vergil, but also allowed Nero to use the power. But his relationship with certain female devil-huntress was a bit more of a challenge.

                They had managed to work around the fact that Trish has the face of his mother and her taste in fashion, plus the fact that Dante was dating her so it made getting the point across easier. But it took much longer to get him to stop calling Lady by her given name. Every time he tried to talk to her, he made the mistake of addressing her by “Mary” and had received bullet to the head, well a few times. But after eight months of this relationship, they moved on to dating each other and were very committed to each other.