Skinned

Disclaimer: I do not own Devil May Cry, just my OC’s

-In Wendover, Maggie and John’s house.-

                “Alright kids, we’ll be back by around 11:00 tonight, you know the drill.” Maggie said with a hint of sadness in her voice. She did not like to be away from her children, even the twins and RoRa, for very long.

                “Yeah we know.” Marlo replied with a annoyed wave of her hand, “Showered by 8, bed by 9:30, lights out at 10, we’re good.” she was cranky on the prospect of eating ‘contaminated’ pizza, I.E mushrooms and olives.

                “There is no call for that sort of behavior young lady.” John snapped at her. “Now apologize to your mother.” The word came out of his mouth like something sour.

                Marlo’s eyes darkened and looked like she was about to comment something mean and hateful when Chris walked in with RoRa. “Oh, thank you Maggie for letting me choose dinner for tonight.” He said with a smile, and shot his sister a look.

                Maggie’s demeanor brightened with a smile. “Oh your welcome, I figured that all of you deserved something.” John grumbled something unintelligible. “What was that dear?”

                “Nothing, now come on, the movie starts at 7 and it’s already 5:50.” He said, and then walked into the living room and towards the door. Giving his daughters and son a kiss on the forehead.

                “Well, he is right.” Maggie said softly, she then gave Marlo and Chris a small hug, avoiding Chris’s face, then went into the living room to hug and kiss her real children goodbye.

                “What are we having?” Marlo asked grumpily.

                “Pizza the way we like It.” her brother replied, then patted her shoulder and walked off into the living room. RoRa gave Marlo a knowing look of pity, the elder twin let out a disgusted noise and walked into the living room. Sighing, RoRa followed behind.

                “Alright, I’ll see you all later, goodnight, love you.” Maggie said cheerfully whilst closing the door. She did mean every word, but her own insecurities prevented her from actually being able to say it to the twins.

                “So then, what time is the pizza getting here?” Marlo asked, then vaulted herself over the couch and landed on it. She grabbed the remote for the T.V and started flipping through channels.

                “In about twenty minutes.” Chris replied, sitting down on the love seat that was perpendicular with the couch. He held a book in hand and was intending to read it.

                “And which one of you guys is leaving after that?” Alice asked, she sat herself down at the end of the couch and pulled out a textbook from a bag that was on the floor. She opened it and looked at the twins. Amanda and Alex had sat on either side of Chris and where slowly reading the book along with him. Alec was in his crib in the corner of the room that leaned up against the wall that met the stairs; he was resting at the moment.

                “I am.” Chris replied, and then turned another page.

                “Ah.” Alex said.

                Amanda turned to Marlo with a smug look, “Lost the bet again.”

Marlo growled at the statement and stopped the channel on a horror movie; it read ‘Hostel’ in the information bar.