Chapter 1

Eileen's POV

"I don't care how you do it, just get me that deal." I barked into the phone. I hit the end button and slammed my Iphone X down on my luxurious table.

"Crap." I mumbled under my breath. My idiot partner had lost our biggest contract and now I was left to pick up the pieces. It could mean billions just went down the toilet. 

"Miss Field." My secretary, Emily's voice came over the com. 

"Yes?" I tried to calm my voice. 

"Your father is on line two." Her voice trembled slightly. I felt a smile pull at my lips. My family was a scary one. Daddy was a big name in politics. Mama was from one of the most afluent families in New York. Together they were unstoppable. I had inherited that trait. 

"Okay thank you." I grabbed my Bluetooth headset. I pressed the button for my call and I rose from my chair. 

"Hello Daddy." I greeted my father. Griffin Field was on the virge of fifty-five but he was still in it to win it. 

"Hey princess. How is business going?" Daddy was always asking after my brain child. 

"Okay I guess. Conner just lost our biggest contract, so now I get to call them and try and mend this. It could mean billions." I looked out my window. The Atlantic was a soothing sight. 

"I know honey. I understand. I have had my fair share of ups and downs. But remember what your grandmother always told me?" 

"Nothing in life comes easy. If you want it, take it." I responed, remembering my Grandma Alison's words. "She was right."

Daddy sighed. "Yes she was. Unfortunately everything requires work." 

"Well I should probably get on with this call." I glanced at my watch. 3:00. Hopefully they did not close early. 

"Okay princess. I love you. Oh and your mother wants to know if you will join us for dinner tomorrow evening?"

"Sure. I will see you then. Love you." I hung up. Sighing, I walked to my desk and looked at the number. I glanced out the window at the powerful ocean. The endless roll of the waves and beautiful mystery of the depths always had inspired me. 

I grabbed my water glass and walked out of my personal office. "Emily." I nodded my head at her. I walked down the row of cubicals to get to the  kitchen. All source of chatter stopped. Every eye was focused on me. I held myself with pride and moved forward. 

After I filled my water, I walked back to my office and shut the door. I set my water down and grabbed my Iphone.  I opened my texts and pressed on Conner's name.

"Come in here NOW." I commanded.

His reply came in a few seconds later. "Okay."

"Emily, when Conner comes let him in." I tried to wipe the harshness from my voice. It did not work.

"Yes Miss." Her voice sounded strained. 

I sat on my leather chair and opened my email. The door opened a few seconds later. 

"Hello Conner. Take a seat." I did not even look up. 

"Miss Field, I can explain." He sounded nervous. I glanced at him. 

"All I want to know is the number of the person who you got in an arguement with." 

"Here, it is 234-226-7689. The man who I talked with was a Mr. Nicholas Winston. He is the owner and CEO of the company." He looked me straight in the eye. "I would be careful, Eileen. He is not to be played with."

"Mr. Brit. I am just as unagreeable. I will get this deal. Nothing will change." Other than the fact that now I have to work with the devil himself. "You may leave." I motioned for him to leave.

"Thank you Eileen." 

"You are welcome Conner" 

I picked up my Iphone and dialed the number. The phone rang three times before a deep, rich voice came over the phone. 

"Hello, this is Nicholas Winston."