Chapter 20

Song- Simple Things by Brooklyn and Bailey McKnight  

Eileen POV

I nervously brushed out a wrinkle in my wedding gown. Sue walked over from the balcony that overlooked the ocean. I smiled a small bit. 

"You picked the perfect venue." She clasped my hands. Her lovely blonde hair was swept up in a small lowly placed bun and the sapphire gown hung on her beautifully. 

I glanced out the window. The crashing waves on the island and the palm trees gave a familiar smell. "It seemed appropriate." I smiled. "Kauai has been my family's favorite vacation spot for several years. This is where we met."

"Really?"

"Yeah. He was down at the beach and I was playing in the water. He walked over to me and introduced himself. Shortly after, as we were playing together, he tipped over in the sand. I had laughed at him, then he took my hand and helped me to the hotel." I smirked at the memory as the gentle breeze lifted my hair. "My mother scolded me for insulting the prime minister's son."

"Wait, Nicholas Winston Sr. was the Prime Minister?" Sue's brows rose.

"Yep." I giggled and slid my heels on. The cute teal colored shoes fit our theme lovely. 

"They are so pretty

"They are so pretty." Sue looked at my tiara. "Where is your mother?"

"She is right here." My brunette mother strode in. She balanced on a pair of black Louboutins. Her hair, swept in a tight knot, sat proudly on her head and her athletic figure was draped in a golden gown. 

"You look lovely dear

"You look lovely dear." She kissed my cheeks. A tear balanced on the edge of her eye lashes. She smiled sadly and wiped her face. "You grew up to fast." She hugged me. 

"I love you mama." I whispered. 

She pulled away and held my face in her hands. "I love you more, baby." She placed a gentle kiss on my forehead. 

Susan gathered my train in her hands. "Are we ready to go see the groom?"

I held my mother's pale hands in my own. "We are." She kissed both of my hands and helped Sue with the train. 

I glided out to the open grass filled area. Lilies and roses littered the pathway. I walked towards the tree lined spot. I could see Nick's broad back, stretching his tux across it must have been difficult. I smiled softly. 

"Well, dear. This is where we leave you." My mom kissed my forehead. She released my train and my veil. She straightened my tiara and tucked my curl next to my cheek. "I love you Eileen Rosemary." 

"I love you too mama." 

Susan smiled and gave me a thumbs up before backing away. My bouquet of roses felt heavy in my  hand as I made my way to my groom. 

I walked behind Nick

I walked behind Nick. I straightened my spine and smiled brightly. "Nick?"

He turned and gasped.