Chapter Twelve

Lamprey's eyes opened to darkness. He tried to get up, but the pain in his side forced him to give up that plan. He raised his head and looked around, realizing he was inside the infirmary of the Deep Palace.

A healer swam over to him. Don't try to get up, she ordered, scales flashing.

Lamprey nodded obediently, but lifted his head again to ask a question. What happened?

The healer wrinkled her nose. You mean besides the fact that you saved the Kingdom of the Sea, saved the queen's life, killed Stingray, passed out, and became one of the most popular dragons in the kingdom?

Lamprey nodded. Yes. Besides that.

Well, you've got multiple broken ribs which will take a long time to heal, and the cuts Stingray left under your wings will definitely scar, but most of the others probably won't.

Lamprey nodded again, looking down at the seaweed bandages that covered his side.

By the way, the healer added, You have some visitors who've been wanting to see you for a long time.

Lamprey looked up. Who?

The healer opened the door, and Lamprey's parents rushed in. Lamprey leaned up as far as he could, opening his wings to greet them. Now that the fear and the uncertainty was over, Lamprey realized how much he'd missed them, and didn't even flinch when his parents' embrace pressed on his broken ribs.

--------------------

So that's it! As usual, feel free to leave me any feedback you have!