II. Eventful Morning

When she arrived to each of her morning classes, most students either ignored her completely or gave her pitying looks. Normally she enjoys school, but with all eyes on her she wasn't able to focus. She got self conscious and quickly went over her appearance. She wore a white crop top with a zipper down the front, a red and blue plaid skirt, and a cropped jean jacket. Did she remember to shave her legs? Was her makeup smeared? Were her shoes tied? This was going to be a long day.

She sat in third period tapping her pencil against her notebook and looking at her doodles she drew instead of notes. She always did that when she was nervous. Looking around her she sensed eyes glaring at the back of her head. She turned in her seat and saw a group of four girls that seemed to already hate her. The one who seemed to be the most interested in her presence was a girl with bright orange hair with bangs. She had a lollipop in her mouth and looked very intimidating. Though as soon as she turned to a boy next to her she wore a bright grin and giggled at his seemingly lame joke. Straight girls. Ugh.

After what seemed like forever, it was time for lunch. She couldn't decide on whether she should be relieved or terrified. Apparently, fate had already decided for her and she tripped over someone's conveniently placed foot. She huffed and stood up, looking in the direction of the culprit. It was a girl with long brown hair and a plastered on smile showing off her bunny-like teeth.

"The name's Nayeon. I promise you won't be able to forget it." She said while the rest of her table laughed. Sana had a slight hunch that the laughter was forced, but she didn't dare question it. She walked to an empty table and sat down with her lunch. Sana used this opportunity to check out the school's cliques.

Of course, there was Nayeon's table full of the most stereotypical looking heterosexual teenage girls she had ever seen. Next to them was a group of about twelve guys who looked like the top dogs of the school. The male version anyway. The table that really caught her attention though, was a mixed group of girls and boys looking like the "creative" type. In her vocabulary, that means that her gaydar was going crazy. They gave her a sliver of hope that she would have some people to relate to eventually. She made a mental note to approach them at some point. But that day is not today.

Before she knew it, the bell rang, signalling the end of their lunch period. Annoyed students started rushing to their classes while she slowly tried to figure out where "art class with Mr. Tuan" was. After asking for direction from a friendly looking lady who asked her to call her Joy, she headed to what she hoped was the right room.