VII. Confession

Once she reached the office she waited outside for Tzuyu to meet her. Feeling nervous was an understatement. Her palms were sweating and her heart was pounding in her chest when she saw the other girl nearing. She wiped her hands on her skirt and fixed her hair before she looked up at Tzuyu.
"Nervous?" Tzuyu asked with a smile on her face. Sana internally cursed at herself for being so obvious.
"Pfft. No of course not." Tzuyu raised an eyebrow and Sana gave up on hiding it. "Alright fine let's just go."
"Follow me." Tzuyu told her and started walking away, Sana trailing behind. They walked through the halls getting some stares from other students. In response, Tzuyu grabbed Sana's hand and kept going. Sana looked at the floor and wanted to hide but just followed wordlessly.
Finally, they made it to a door that clearly said 'do not enter.' Tzuyu just opened it casually and led Sana up the stairs to what she now realized was the school's roof. They both sat down and it was silent for a moment.
"Tzuyu." Sana said.
"Yeah?" Tzuyu responded as if all of this was normal.
"What are we doing up here? I mean I should probably be in class and-"
"Don't worry I took care of that. And to answer your question I just wanted to have you all to myself for a bit." Tzuyu responded.
"Oh." There was more silence until Tzuyu turned so that she was looking Sana in the eyes.
"You know Sana. You're that first person here that has really interested me."
"Interested you?" Sana asked, confused as to where this was going.
"Yeah. I like you Sana." Tzuyu admitted nonchalantly. Sana felt her cheeks heat up and she looked down at her hands. Then, she felt Tzuyu put two fingers under her chin and lifted her face to look at her.
"Do you like me Sana?" Tzuyu asked while staring into her eyes. Sana felt her heart stop as she thought about confessing right here.
"Um. IreallylikeyouTzuyu." She blurted our quickly, worried that this could all be some sick joke.
"What was that?" Tzuyu asked even though Sana knew damn well she heard by the smirk on her face.
"Damn it Tzuyu." Sana said before risking more than she had even on the day with the peck on the cheek. Sans leaned in with her eyes tightly shut and placed her lips on Tzuyu's. She stayed there unmoving afraid of the possible consequences. Finally she pulled away and open her eyes. She saw the other girl with a smile on her face.
"I knew it." Tzuyu said happily before grabbing the back of Sana's neck and kissing her more deeply this time. Suddenly the next periods bell rang and Tzuyu pulled away. Sana pouted.
"Looks like we have to get to our next classes. We'll continue this another time." Tzuyu said and stood up, helping Sana up as well.
The two girls descended the staircase and Tzuyu gave Sana a kiss on the cheek.
"See you later babe." Tzuyu said before leaving to her next class.
"What did I just do." Sana whispered to herself as she watched the other walk away.