Chapter 10

Ty's POV

Her bedroom

February 14, 2019 ( 1 a.m.)

Baltimore, MD

"Bitchhhhh! Kevin has some fucking nerve to tell me that I need to be mindful of my place because I asked him questions about his whereabouts! He's always leaving me and traveling between Cleveland, Denver, and Miami. I don't know what to think. He better not be cheating on me!" Day rants into the phone. Currently, Day, Ni Ni and I are on a three way video chat catching up with each other. "Girl, HELL nah. You need to tell Kevin to run you that shit all the way back. Mind your place? What...My place is next to you so your business is my business. Therefore, I AM minding my place. Stupid lil Asian guy." Ni Ni spits out. Up until this point, I was only half listening to the conversation and only laughing at the appropriate times. Now, I'm reflecting on Day's comment about Kevin travelling so much within the States. My mind is wandering about whether or not Kevin is who he claims to be, or if he is just hiding something from Day. Either way something is up. Kevin spoils Day like there's no tomorrow and keeps her well protected...all while managing to take a trip every couple days to other cities to take care of business. All of this information has my mind reeling. I wonder if..."Ty what's up? You've been quiet most of this conversation and have your thinking face on." Day speaks up. " Well...I'm just thinking about all of this information you are telling us about your argument with Kevin...what if Kevin is in a similar business to Lei and Bo? You said so yourself that he's so secretive and always away on business. Like seriously, what job do you know gives a person a month off for vacation and allow their employees to extend their vacation without a time limit? It just sounds fishy to me..." I say to Day. Day is quiet at this point. I can see the wheels turning in her head. Slowly, Day's face turns red and her eyes are misty. Shit. I wish I didn't open up my big mouth. I know this is a sensitive topic for her. Before I could even attempt to console Day about her problems Ni Ni changes the topic. Ni Ni for the win.

"So let me tell y'all how Bo is blowing up my phone nonstop. He got to chill! All I did was kiss him and now Bo acting like he owns me. Can y'all believe that? After all the shit he put me through he just magically thinks we are going to be together?? Even though the kiss was good...", her thoughts trail for a moment, "like no sir that's not how this works!" NiNi finishes up and looks down at her freshly manicured hands. These men are driving us FREAKING crazy. "You kissed Bo? When? Where? You've been keeping secrets from us. Shaking my head. I thought you didn't like Bo? Can you believe her Ty?" Day looks at me. "Of course not." I lie with ease. I couldn't tell Day and Ni Ni that Lei had already informed me about their kiss. Apparently, it happened the night before we left Cleveland. Now, Bo is acting all sprung. Lei always texts me to complain that Ni Ni should've give Bo a chance so he can stop venting about it. I laugh to myself while reflecting on my texting conversations with Lei. "Okay, so I kissed Bo. Who gives a damn? I'm still going to go out on date with other guys and living my best life." Ni Ni yawns out. "Well maybe we should call it a night..." I start my sentence just to be cut off by Day. "Who gives a damn? Clearly you do Ni Ni! You need to just own up to the fact that you have feelings for Bo that won't go away. Am I right, Ty?" Day say. Shit. I didn't want to get in the middle of this discussion. If I agree with Day then Ni Ni won't speak to me, but if I agree with Ni Ni then Day is going to be angry and lash out. "Hm, I know for a fact that Bo still feels strongly about Ni Ni and he doesn't seem like a bad guy." There, I did it. My response did not condemn that Ni Ni has feelings for Bo, but it didn't disagree with Day's theory. Day and NiNi both look at me expectantly. Great, now I have to explain how I know that Bo has feelings for her. "Lei may or may not have told me a few times that Bo admitted his feelings for Ni Ni." I squeak out. Ni Ni gasps while Day smirks at me. "Y'all we can talk about this another time." I fake yawn. "Okay, you can tell me this weekend when we link up later on today in NYC." Day has a mischievous look on her face. I know this look and it can't be good. Day only has this evil smirk when she is up to something. Whenever Day is up to stuff Ni Ni and I always get drag into her payback plans. But hey, what could she be possibly be up to now? It can't be too bad...or so I thought.

"Since Kevin doesn't want to tell me about his whereabouts he won't know about mine. He's suppose to fly in tomorrow evening. Knowing his sorry ass, he's going to have flowers and candy to celebrate Valentine's Day and use it to make me forget about our disagreement. But forget it. I bought a plane ticket on Sunday, so I'm coming with y'all to NYC!" She screams into the phone. This will not end well, I can feel it. Kevin is going to kill us if he knows we allowed her to come to NYC. Especially since Day's life is in danger at the moment like mines and Ni Ni. On the other hand, Day coming to NYC could be a great thing. Last weekend Ni Ni and I took our first trip to visit the guys and it didn't feel the same without Day there. Now thinking back on it, last weekend was awkward because all four of us were under the same roof for three days without speaking much to each other. " I don't want any parts of your plan Day. You know that Kevin will kill Ty and me if he thinks we were in on this. On top of that, Bo will be pissed at me for knowingly letting you sneak off to NYC without his permission." Ni Ni blurts. Day eyes turn into slits. She opens up her mouth. "Hold up Day. Ni Ni is only looking out for all of us. We want you to come to NYC. It's not the same without you, but we don't want to take any blame for you deciding to come to NYC without Kevin's knowing." I look over at my alarm clock and it reads 2:39 a.m. Damn, we've been on the phone for almost two hours . Time to wrap this up. Before I can tell the girls good night someone knocks on my door. I get up to open up my bedroom door to see my bodyguard Donte standing there. "Miss, Mr. Hai told me to make sure you get enough rest. You need to get off the phone soon." He demands. "You not my damn daddy! I am 25 years old. I go to sleep when I am ready to, not when you tell me too!" I suck my teeth. Donte pinches the bridge of his nose. Donte does this whenever he feels frustrated or upset. "I'm just following orders." he grits his teeth. I look over his well muscled 5'11" frame. Did I really want to argue with a guy who bench presses 300 pounds like its a rag doll? The answer is no. "Fine, I'll go to sleep soon..." He glances at me with a smile on his face. I gawk at him. Before now, I never saw Donte smile. He always had a straight face. That's one of the reasons why I disliked him because he always came off so emotionless. Now looking at him, I can truly appreciate his beauty. Donte has a cinnamon complexion that reminds me of Pocohontas. His hair is cut at the sides with two braids that lead into a bun on the top of his head. He has straight white straight teeth that are complimented by full pink lips and a goatee. Damn, he is FINE AF. My revelation of Donte looks has the wheels in my head turning. "Is everything okay Miss?" he asks. "No. Goodnight!" I rush back into my room and close the door in his face. Ty what is wrong with you?! Donte is here to protect your life. And you know Lei would have his head if he thought you have a thing for him. You know that Lei doesn't play when it comes to you. I flop down on my bed and reach for my phone. Speaking of Lei, let me text him about Day's plan to come to NYC. As I unlock the screen I see a text message from Ni Ni and Day. I shoot Lei a quick text before reading Ni Ni and Day's messages.

Ni Ni: Sorry had to get off of the phone...the hired meathead was ordered to make sure I was asleep by a certain time. I swear I am going to kick Bo's ass tomorrow.

Day: I AM DEFINITELY coming to NYC now. Kevin had the nerve to tell my bodyguard that I had a bedtime. Do I look like a child?

Damn, these men are REALLY going to be the death of us.