Chapter 13

Ty's POV

Agapi Mou Alleyway

February 15, 2019 12:00 am

   "Ah, so you're the little flower that Lei has been protecting. I have to admit, you're extremely beautiful." The stranger gazes over my body and face. I feel naked under his penetrating stare. I look at Lei's crumpled body then to the end of the alley. The street is literally twenty feet away from us. Maybe I could knock this guy out, drag Lei, and find safety. "Whatever you're thinking beautiful, I would advise you not to do it." he says while cocking a pistol to Lei's body. "Sorry, I don't understand." His thick accent makes it a little difficult for me to understand what he's saying, but from the motion of his hand with the pistol I get the gist. " Do...not...try...to...be...hero...or...I... will...kill...him." he repeats in a strained voice. I look over my assailant. He has dirty blonde hair with grey eyes. He's roughly 5'10" with a lean muscular build. There's nothing particularly special about his appearance except for his eyes. After taking in his appearance, I contemplate making a break for it and risking Lei getting shot, or listening and hoping Bo will find us. He's shot Lei once, so I know for a fact that his threat was a promise, not a bluff.  The stranger walks closer until he is only a couple inches away from me. He places the gun on top of the dumpster. "So beautiful..." he licks his lips while staring at my breasts. Please, not again. He began to stroke my right breast through the dress. Tears starts to well up in my eyes. Do not cry Ty. You have to be strong for Lei. To distract myself from him touching me, I begin to pull hair out from the back of my head. It's a bad habit of mine. The stranger is now kissing the exposed flesh of my breasts. I pull harder. Then my fingers come across something hard. Shit, I forgot I had bobby pins in my hair. I take one out of my hair and remove the plastic tip from it. Don't think about it. It's either him or you and Lei. I grab his hair, pull his head back and shove the bobby pin into his Adams Apple. He drops to the ground and starts to squirm. I rush over to Lei. His breathing is extremely shallow. I go to my purse and grab my phone.

  "BO!! Lei has been shot!!! We are in the alley next to the club! HURRY UP!" I choke out before hanging up the phone. I couldn't tell if the gunshot wound was a flesh wound or not, so I do what any sensible person would do in that situation and apply pressure to the wound. "Please stay with me Lei." I cry out. His chest is moving up and down very slowly. " I'm sorry for being an idiot. I promise if you make it through this I'll listen to you for now on!" I sit there on the ground next to Lei for a few minutes in silence. "Ty, you have to get up. Bo and Kevin needs to carry Lei's body." Ni Ni kneels beside me. I'm so caught up in Lei that I didn't notice Kevin, Bo, Ni Ni and Day enter the alleyway. I nod my head and move out the way. I walk over to Day who's watching the stranger struggling on the ground. "Should we help him?" she asks. His mouth is filled with blood. His body is convulsing. "No. He shot Lei and tried to hurt me." I say disgustedly. We walk back to the car quickly. Lei's body is stretched out on the backseat. I lift up his head and sit it on my lap. Kevin pulls off from the sidewalk. I silently send a prayer up to heaven. I know it's wrong, but it's worth a shot. Lei must pull through. We need him. I need him. I don't know how long we are in the car, but the next thing I remember is hearing ambulance sirens and seeing bright lights.