Chapter 24

Ty's POV

July 8, 2019 (10 p.m.)

Shanghai Pudong International Airport

Finally, I've made it to Shanghai. It's been a long eight weeks without my dragon, Lei. I was suppose to come to Shanghai the last week in May, or the first week in June, but a lot of shit came up. First, the school I'm taking a summer course at requires all foreign exchange students to take a three week online cultural sensitivity course. The purpose of the class is to make sure that the university would not have any foreign studentd running amok, acting ignorantly while being guests at their school. Second, I misplaced my passport for a week, so I had to hold out on purchasing my plane ticket until it resurfaced. Third, I filled out the wrong visa, so I had to reapply for one and wait an additional two weeks for it to come in the mail. I swear everything that could've went wrong did go wrong, but at least I'm here in Shanghai and closer to my baby. I check my phone to see if I have any new messages. I had a message from Day, Ni Ni, my sister, and my mother asking if I made it safely. I'll reply back to those later. I seethat I have a new picture from Lei. He's probably sent me another picture of a gift he bought me. Over the past two months, once a week, Lei would send me a picture of a present he bought me. So far, he's bought me a bookshelf filled with brand new books, an indigo porcelain bracelet, and a beautiful calligraphy pen. I open up the picture to....

 Dragon: I can't wait to see you tomorrow night, Angel

Dragon: I can't wait to see you tomorrow night, Angel. I've been waiting to have another taste of Heaven ;)

I damn near drop my phone. Immediately, my mouth goes dry. Ugh, why would he do this to me?? He's such a tease. Shit, if I had known that marriage would get me pictures like this I would've married his ass a long time ago. I laugh to myself. I've decided to tell Lei that I'm coming tomorrow night instead of today so I can surprise him. Bo gave me Lei's address so I'm going to get a ride over there, ya know, surprise him with a present and my presence. But, the way Lei is looking in that picture...he may be the one blessing me with a present tonight. I smirk at my nasty thoughts. My phone starts to ring. I pick it up. "Hey, I'm at Concourse F. Come outside." he says. I hang up the phone, rushing outside dragging my luggage bag behind me. As I walk outside of the airport, I'm greeted with humid air and thousands of yellow faces. Everyone is packed on the sidewalk and curb waiting for their ride to appear. There are two things I hate about Shanghai, besides their fear/ disgusted curiosity with Black foreigners, it's their lack of personal space and everyone's behavior to not help a person in need. I grew up in the hood, so I understood that snitches get stitches, but the Shanghaiese have taken this motto to a whole new level. I wait on the curb for a few minutes before my eyes zoom in on an approaching black SVU. Finally, my ride is here. As I open up the back door on the passenger side, I feel something hit the back of my head hard and the last thing I remember is falling before being consumed by darkness.