Chapter 2- How is She a Dance Teacher? She Can't Even See Her Feet

picture of her dance bag on the side

Kailyn's P.O.V 

After my freaking out, we finally got to the place. The huge black and white sign had me frozen. I stayed in the car staring at it for like, 10 minutes until Niall snapped me out of the trance I was in.

"Are you gonna audition from in here or?" Niall smirked at me. I grabbed my dance bag and stepped out of the car. Louis followed me in. There was a lady with light brown hair seated at the front desk.

"Good Morning." Louis and I greeted in unison.

"Hello, are you here for the audition?" she asked kindly. Why does she look so familiar?

"Yes, I am." I told her. I was getting really nervous now.

"Well, welcome." she said, handing me a number and a safety pin. "Go down the hall and to the left, studio A will be marked on the door you can't miss it. Start stretching and wait until Miss Abby comes in." she informed me. Louis pulled me in for a hug and I stood on my tip toes and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Good luck, have fun and call me or one of the boys when you're finished." he whispered in my ear. I nodded, not trusting my voice, I was way too nervous.

He waved at the lady and left. I headed where she had instructed me to go and stepped in. As soon as I stepped in, my eyes bulged to the size of golf balls. There had to be at least 100 people in here. I glanced down at the number pinned on my shirt and saw #68. I put my dance bag down and took off my crop top, skirt and flats and placed them in my bag. I then stepped in the middle, went down into the splits and started stretching. As I looked around I saw a girl with brown hair coming over to me. She started stretching as well.

"Hi, I'm Kailyn." I greeted. I kind of felt like I needed to start a conversation with her.

"Hi, I'm Aaliyah." she replied.

"So, Aaliyah, have you always been dancing?" I asked. I really didn't want to be the only one here without a dance background.

"No, but I've always wanted to dance and I'm really flexible." she explained.

"Oh yeah, me too, I've always wanted to dance but I was really shy to ask for lessons and I saw the flyers for this audition so..." I trailed off, not really knowing how to continue.

"Hey, aren't you Kailyn Tomlinson?" she asked me, realization written all over her plump face. I grimaced. I really didn’t want it to get out that I’m One D’s daughter. That just caused problems…

"Yeah, but please don’t-" I got cut off.

"Good afternoon, I'm Abby Lee Miller and we need to get started!" she shouted/talked. She had a voice that sort of sounded like she shouted a lot and she was about to lose it. I didn't like her already. She was also a little plump with curly brown hair.

"Ok so let’s start with a run, straddle leap, into a fan-kick and then a 4 count turn." she commanded us. I did the moves, but I think I stumbled on my turns. I glanced at Aaliyah and saw that she had done her moves perfectly.

"Again!" she barked. We had been doing this for a while and during, I heard a few:

"Turn those feet out, keep your arms up!"

"I'm seeing pigeon feet!"

And much more.

"How can she be telling us about our feet when she can't even see hers." I whispered to Aaliyah. She giggled. Abby then snapped her head our way. She looked me up and down, and then squinted her eyes to look at my number. Suddenly she said something that I didn't know if it was good or bad.

"What's your name, number 68?"

"Kailyn..." I said sweetly. I wanted to look like an angel in her eyes.

"Hmm..." she hummed.

Well ok then.

After a few more commands, it was soon 9:00 and I was dying of thirst.

She didn't even give us a break.

She gathered us in a circle.

"Okay, so today I saw a lot of people with talent, people who shouldn't have even came, and some who I can see in Abby Lee Dance Company." she said. "Unfortunately we are only bringing in one member. Callbacks should be in about a week, I will call your parents. You’re all dismissed." she said. I ran over to my dance bag and grabbed my water. I gulped it down, grabbed my phone and then went over to Aaliyah.

"Hey, do you have a phone?" I asked. I wanted to stay in touch with her.

"Yeah, I do." she took my phone and slid her fingers across the glossy screen. She handed it back to me. I looked what she had saved her name as. It said:

Aaliyah :)

I gave her the biggest smile I could muster up and then picked up my dance bag and went out to the front desk. The lady that was there before was no longer in her spot. I took up my phone and started texting Louis.

Me- Hey, auditions are over, can you come get me? :)

It took a while before I got a reply.

Louis :)- Um I can't come, the boys and I are in a meeting with management but El is on her way :) X

Me- Okay, will you be home before I am?

Louis :)- Yeah, definetly.

Me- Okay, see you at home.

I locked my phone and placed it in my dance bag. As soon as I sat, I heard a beep outside. I looked up to see the familiar white Range Rover outside. I made my way outside and sat in the car.

"Hi El." I greeted.

"Hey Kailyn, how was auditions?" she asked. I sighed.

"Honestly, I don't know," I said truthfully. "But, I did make a new friend." I stated. She hummed in response. We listened to the radio for the next 30 minutes until we got home. I was really tired so I pretended to be asleep. I felt Eleanor lift me up and struggle a bit, almost tumbling over with me. I had to bite my lip to keep myself from laughing. Was I really that heavy? I heard her knock on the door and then Louis opened it.

"Hey Louis." El greeted happily.  

"Hey El." He replied. I heard the two share a kiss. I was expecting them to just make it a quick one and then say their goodbyes, but no, they stayed kissing for at least 20 seconds, and probably, if it wasn't for my shifting, they would have stayed even longer.

"I think you should take her now." El giggled.

Oh, what love can do to you.

"Uh, yeah, right." Louis fumbled. I felt myself being moved into Louis' arms.

"Well, bye." Eleanor said. Then I heard the door close.

I felt Louis lay me in my bed, then kiss my forehead.

"Goodnight Kailyn, sweet dreams." he whispered. And with those comforting words said, I fell into dreamland.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

[A/N: So did you like it? It's probably really short but I'm trying my best to keep this book interesting, so tell me what you think and if you see any corrections please tell me. Also don't forget to VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!!! :)

~Alexis]