Chapter 11- Watch Your Back

Word count: 1253 :D

Kailyn's P.O.V.

"Maddie and Kailyn are doing a duet." Abby announces last. I look at Maddie and send her a small smile, which she doesn't return.

Someone's not in a good mood.

I shrug it off and hug Chloe, who is beside me, seeing as she got a solo.

"So let's start with the group dance. Moms, you are dismissed, girls, spread out." Abby commands, which I follow.

Preston is in the corner of the room, standing and looking like a statue. He catches my gaze and sends a small smile and I try my best to make mine look like a real one, but it probably just looks like something hit me in my face and it really hurt.

I haven't seen Cameron when I came in, and I can't help but think that he's angry with me. I rudely interrupted him last night, and Louis ruined the date. He must've had enough of me and being interrupted.

"Kailyn! What are you doing?!" Abby screeches at me. All the others turn their heads.

"I'm sorry, Ms. Abby, I was just lost in thought." I smile sheepishly at her.

"Well, get lost in the dance!" She screams and I flinch.

After all the screaming for the group dance, Abby dismisses us, except Maddie and I.

"Okay, this duet is going to be a battle," Abby explains to us. "You're battling for supremacy, or let's say, the top spot."

Oh, how ironic.

Maddie snorts and I send her a confused look, which she ignores, Again.

"Let's get started." Gianna, Abby's assistant, rubs her hands together and moves to the middle of the room.

I notice that I have to lift Maddie a lot in this dance. I don't have a lot of upper body strength, and Maddie is slightly heavy.

"So Maddie, your gonna run and jump, and Kailyn grip her waist, hold her up for 3 counts, and then throw her to the side lightly at the 4th, and then Maddie you roll to the center, looking defeated." My eyes widen at Gianna's instructions.

I have to hold her up for 3 counts and then throw her to the side?!

"Okay, let's try it." Abby nods. She continues the music and Maddie runs towards me.

I take up my position and open my arms. She jumps and I catch her successfully and hold her up for a while.

Before I know it, my arm gives away and she falls to the floor and on her knee.

"O-oh gosh, are y-you okay?" I stutter, bending to where she is on the floor.

"Does it look like it?!" she screeches, holding her knee in pain.

Abby, Preston and Gianna run over to her and Preston lifts her up bridal style and carries her outside as Gianna follows him.

Abby turns to me, "You clearly have no strength in your arms. 30 push ups!" she points to the corner of the room and follows the others to tend to Maddie.

I begin to do my push ups and once I am at 24, Maddie walks back in, limping slightly.

"Are you okay?" I ask.

"I'm fine, but I'm sure you didn't 'accidentally' drop me ." She places her hands on her hips and looks at me.

"Why in this universe would I drop you purposely?" 

"You want this dance as a solo don't you?" she folds her arms over her chest.

"What? That doesn't even matter to me that much." I shoot back at her.