Chapter I

Chapter I

A New Start

I was looking out the window of the orphanage, there was a man, about 6' tall he looked like he was in his late 30's early 40's blonde hair, and I thought I saw golden eyes, standing on the sidewalk with a glowing sword. He was covered in, what looked like tattoos, but I knew that they were runes, I only knew this because I was taught differently than the other children. He was fighting something, but it was too dark to see what. The others started noticing my absence and came over to see what I was looking at. But, they saw nothing, Miss Tessa saw it though.

She was a Shadowhunter. So was my mother. And my father. She was the only one here who I liked, other then Mr. Carstairs, but he tells me to call him Jem, or James.

She told everyone to go to bed, but she kept me down here, for some odd reason that I know nothing of, yet. She gave me a small white book and told me to take this very far away and that my father will come and collect me when he is ready.

I was waiting for my father to come, I had been waiting for 20 minutes before he came into the orphanage. He grabbed my arm and I stole his stele creating a rune that I had seen Clary Fairchild make, the portal rune.  We ended up in the Institute in England.