Chapter Two - Alleviation

Warning. Sexual content.

The time has come.

Good song to listen to for this chapter: Sex on Fire by Kings of Leon

-Caroline

~

9:30 was a tedious time - my anxiety morphed into impatience as I waited for Charlie's arrival. I removed my earrings, desperately tried to get a portion of my English homework done (to no avail), and paced around my dorm room cleaning and organizing. This occupied me until 9:47.

I figured taking a nap could work to my benefit: it could slow my heart rate, soothe my mind, and I could get an hour to compose myself. Then, as quickly the idea leaked in my mind, my heart drove another surge of cortisol and adrenaline rampaging through me.

How long would... it... take?

Unease rose up from my sternum to my shoulders, tightening them. The Welton Student Event would not last past 1:00 am. Alongside the peril of rumors that could soar around the students if they found out we slept together, I also didn't have any tricks up my sleeve! Sex was an infrequent event for me - would he be expecting batches and batches of sexual creativity from me? I'm sure he has a shipload of seduction tactics he has acquired through his confidence and gentlemanly appeal.

Yes... he probably is very, very seductive. Oh goodness, I was so intrigued.

Replaying his words in the best depiction of his smooth, rich voice over and over again in my brain caused me to squat down onto the end of my dorm room bed and bite my finger tenaciously. I could drive you crazy, Y/N. At this moment, I felt like a lucky fool. I had let the mischievous charms of Charlie Dalton direct me here; on my bed, nervous and thrilled, awaiting him and all his masculinity to unleash some of the tension that was so tightly drawn between us.

I kept this notion in mind - we both have the power to say no. I could glare at him tonight with an explicit decision that would send him back to his safe distance two rows from me, only talking to be polite after a bump in the halls or an innocent question in the study. However, my body and mind rejected this idea, purely set on getting prepared for his appearance in about one hour. My mind fired sensual thoughts into my consciousness while my thumbs caressed each other like a soft embrace.

I could make you really... really... want me.

~

10:45 was the time it seemed that almost every student in my vicinity had left for the Student Event. There were a couple stragglers waiting for friends or determined to choose a flattering outfit. Every pair of footsteps that passed my door made me anticipatory. After toying with this whole arrangement, I made my decision and grew spirited with every minute that ticked by.

Carpe Diem, yes, but I purposefully wasted my time so I could get to this moment.

Finally, blissfully, I heard him in the hall. Even by the sounds of his movement, I could tell he seemed confident. A barely decipherable conversation caught my ears so I sprung up and leaned on my door to catch as much as I could.

"-Dalton."

"I'm flattered. This event's got the whole school gone, hm?" Charlie.

"I can tell you this hall's definitely cleared out. Why, looking for someone?"

"Yes, I'll manage though. You have a great night, Gord."

"Whatever you say," the unfamiliar voice concluded as his footsteps vanished down the hall. Only one set remained.

Three slow knocks on my door startled me. I released the air I had held with anticipation before carefully opening the door with as much confidence as I could. There he stood in all his glory back in his white dress shirt and black mahogany-striped tie. His hands were in his pockets and his shoulders were comfortably back; I had never seen him even slightly frightened.