Chapter 2

The next day after his funeral was borderline painful. I would fight to not burst into tears every time I passed my parents room.

"Honey, you should really go for a walk or hang with some friends." my mom tells me while we eat our breakfast.

She is in a silk light blue robe, messy bun, and blue slippers. I'm sitting here in one of my dads over sized sweaters and my hair, just hanging down in knots, from sleep, and yes no pants. Freedom.

I only have one really good friend, Rebecca, she has the brightest naturally red hair, that if it was any darker you'd might mistake her for a carrot, but it suited her bold personality. I have a couple 'friends' though, but don't we all.

We've known each other since the womb pretty much, our moms are best friends, so it just so happened that we followed suit.

"I'd rather not, i'll just go for a walk or something." I say not unkindly. I love Rebecca, don't get me wrong I just don't want to deal with anyone right now, maybe some other time.

"Whatever you want." she sighs as she takes our plates and washes them.

"I'm going out with a couple of friends tonight, to the new bar. Just so you know." she informs me.

Someone gets over my Fathers death quickly, although I can't really blame her, I know she wants to get her mind off of it, get drunk and just not think. But it still made me uncomfortable to be home alone when just last week some phyco killers were here.

"Alright. Have fun, but not to much." I try to joke, but she just gives me the dirtiest look, her sweet face could manage.

With that I take the stairs two at a time and head to my room. I grab light wash shorts, a 'Fallout Boys' shirt and my white converses.

I hope in my shower and use my favorite strawberry shampoo, conditioner and body wash. I shave my legs and arms carefully, to not knick my skin. This is the first time I've cared for my appearance and hygiene since my dads death, and I'm kind of proud of myself.

Once I'm finished with all of that I change into my new plain black pantie set, my clothes, and slick on my usual makeup. My makeup consist of moisturizer, primer, concealer, foundation, bronzer, eye brow filler, mascara and eyeliner.

I look at my totally contoured face and finally feel a little like my old self. I know that's a lot of makeup but its hard living in this society. I'm one of those girls that knows here flaws, but doesn't want to except them, so I use makeup as a self confidence tool. I know I'm not ugly, i do, but I'm not the typical beautiful without makeup.

When I was younger I was bullied so bad, middle school it only got worse. I was a literal pizza face, crooked teeth, and hairy arms that guys called 'man arms' and I was a 'hairy monster'. So I changed when freshman yet came around. I started washing my face, wearing makeup, and shaving, everything.

So here I am now. Freshly graduated high schooler, 18 years old and this should be the time of my life. But you know, whatever.

As I grab my phone and head out the door yelling to my mom that I was leaving I slam the door shut and think, all the way to wherever my feet wanted to take me. Since I have no idea where I am going, I'm just going.

I enrolled for U of C Berkley. I live in California in a small town, full of wine and tourism, a place so small you hardly hear of it.

So I should be starting collage next semester, which is in like 8 to 10 weeks from now, yay summer. I'm being sarcastic just so you know, I never have been what you call a social butterfly. I'd go out with friends, to their houses but I never talked unless I was talking to Rebecca.