Chapter 6

Some how I ended up falling asleep after watching all of season 21 marathon of Americas Next Top Model. I sit slowly out of bed stretching my arms above my head and yawning. When I look at the clock it reads 1 AM okay so clearly I only had more of a nap then a complete sleep.

I decide to walk to the kitchen and get myself some water. I tip toe to the kitchen careful not to step on the parts of the wood that squeak when weight is put on it.

I open up the cupboard and grab my favorite blue cup and fill it with water from the fridge. I accidentally slam the counter a bit to loud causing it to slam, making me flinch from the sudden noise.

I hold my breath looking around the kitchen and listen for my Mom to come down and yell at me for being so loud at this 'atrocious' hour. I let out the air I was holding in a sigh of relief and sip my water leaning against the marble island.

The house phone rings loudly breaking my peaceful mood. I drop the cup for the sudden noise and rush to answer the phone without slipping over spilled water.

I look at the caller ID and it says Blocked in bold letters. "Hello?" I answer leaning against the counter.

All I hear in response from the other line is heavy breathing. I stand up immediately and the loud breathes last for 10 more seconds.

"Whoever this is, this is the lamest prank call ever." I scoff and push end before setting it down.

I walk around the island and pick up the plastic cup and set it in the metal sink. I use the towel that hangs on the oven handle to clean the spill.

I turn around and nearly scream when Harry stands right in front of me looking flustered and slightly relieved maybe.

"Oh my God, ever heard of knocking. Why are you here?" I gasp placing my hand over my racing heart.

"No reason." He answers and shrugs his shoulders nonchalantly.

"What do you mean, no reason?" I place my hand on my forehead I frustration.

"Exactly that." His smirks at me.

"Nope, not good enough." I tell him grabbing his wrist dragging him behind me to my room. I peak around the corners to make sure my Mom isn't awake. I lead him to my room and quickly and quietly shut the door behind me.

"Well that's all I'm going to say." he replies making hisself comfortable in my bed.

"So you just show up at my house at a bloody awful time and scare the hell out of me for 'no reason.'" I say sarcastically putting air quotes around no reason.

"Well I guess I wanted to apologize about earlier" He says unsurely but I take his word for it for some reason. I just don't want to lash out in all of it. I decided later, I will get it out of him later.

"Go on." I say folding my arms across my chest. I do deserve a apology, his bipolar tendencies are not okay.

"Well," he begins scratching his neck awkwardly. "I guess i maybe shouldn't of yelled at you in the car earlier, I was just upset." He says looking at the wall behind me, I can tell he is totally uncomfortable.

"Upset about what?" I ask sitting down on my bed across from him shifting to sit Indian style.

"Nothing you need to worry about." He concludes.

"Why do you do that?" I ask and I can feel my temper starting to slip slightly. Why can't he answer one damn question without blowing it off.

"Do what?"

"Never answer any of my questions. It's really mysterious, and annoying."

"I thought girls like mysterious boys." He smiles at me goofily.

I look at him with a blank face. When his dimples poke in and wink at me causing a small smile to form on my face.

"Wait stay just like that." He commands looking at me.

I freeze and lift a brow at him in confusion, "Keep that pretty little smile on your face until I sat stop."

I can't help but feel my face heat up an for my stomach to do flips. I roll my eyes at him playfully. He laughs at me making a piece of hair fall down over his forehead. Without thinking my hand reaches up and pushes it back running my fingers through his locks.

When we make eye contact my eyes widen and my heart galps in my chest like a runaway horse. I quickly yank my hand down and I know my face is beet red. Stupid, stupid, stupid what was that?

I clear my throat awkwardly, "Sorry, I don't know why I did that." Fuck why do I have to be so painfully awkward. He stares at me with a strange look in his eye making me severely uncomfortable.

"Umm no its fine. I better go. We still on for tomorrow?" He shakes his head for in himself out if his daze. He stands quickly within moments is in front of the door.

"Uh yeah." I answer right before he shuts the door quietly.

I sit on my bed quietly listening to his foot steps down the stairs and out the door, followed by the front door being slammed shut.

Right when it closes I jump out of bed and have my mini freak out session. I silently scream and want to die of embarrassment. I can't just do that to a guy I don't even know. The look on his face durning and after showed how uncomfortable he was.

Now it's going to be extremely awkward tomorrow? Why did I agree. Maybe it's not to late, I can move to Mexico change my name and live in the with my Abuela, Abuelo and primos. No, that's to extreme. I could just not be here tomorrow when he comes to get me. I could go to Beck's, or maybe I could fake a injury. God I'm such a loser, why?

If I didn't just run my fingers threw his hair we would be getting to know each other. Or maybe we would of argued, but no I had to make things weird. I'm not sure which I prefer being mad or being weird around each other. I'm shocked he didn't laugh in my face when I was as red as a tomato, thank God he didn't.

I try to occupy my mind with something else to stop these immensely horrifying thoughts.  I quickly change into pajamas since I'm still in my clothes from earlier that have the lingering smell of weed on my shirt.

I tug a white camisole over my bare torso. Walking to my drawer i decided to wear my favorite polar bear sleep pants. Once my clothes are on I brush my teeth and wash my face.

When I look at my face I notice how pale I am. My brown skin now a sickly color and my eyes dilated. My hair in a rats nest of a bun that I just put up. I frown at my reflection turning and leaving my bathroom to get away from the mirror.

I walk to my bed and lay down tugging the blanket up under my armpits and place my arms beside my body. I look up at the ceiling for god knows how many minutes still slightly mortified from earlier.

I wouldn't be this freaked out if Harry didn't run out of here like the house was on fire. He's probably judging me this very second thinking or maybe even talking about how much of a social retard I am.

Trying to push all thoughts away I snuggle down in my bed deeper and pray for sleep to come.

____________________________________________________

The "Social Retard" part is from Mean Girls when Regina says "I know she's 'socially retarded'..." I just wanted to make that clear so people don't think I'm being rude. (I'm not in anyway shape or form!)

I started school 3 days ago. Eww. I love my Child Growth && Development class already!!

When did/do you guys start school?