~ Ch. 38 ~

[ I don't own the X-men like I said before just Calla and the story plot I'll use any X-men that come to mind and any song that I feel fits the chapter I never know how long the chapters are ever going to be either ignore spelling errors from what Kurt says, rate, vote, comment please =) ]

~~~~

                Calla's POV

    I woke up in and I could tell that it was still dark outside. I gently and quietly removed Kurt's' arms from around me and got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After that I decided to get a glass of water from the kitchen. I walked out my room quietly, not wanting to disturb Kurt and went downstairs and into the kitchen. Once I got my glass with water I sat on a bar stool.

    "Can't sleep?" I heard a voice behind me and I jumped, turned around to see Remy looking at me. "Pretty much." I told him. He sat beside me. "Somethin' on y'a mind?" he asked me. I didn't want to tell him about my dream. "No, I'm fi-" I started to say. "No, you ain't 'fine.' Don't give me t'at. I know my own sister. How bout you tell me. Eh?" Remy said. I never could lie to him, no matter how hard I tried. "Nothing's wrong." I told him. He didn't believe me as he put his hand on my shoulder and I took a sip of water and looked at him. "Alright. It was just a bad dream happy?" I asked him. "Nightmare?" he asked me. I nodded, not looking him in the eye. He gave me a hug and I smiled into his shoulder. "You best get back to bed." Remy said as he let me go. Once he did we stood up and I put my glass in the sink. "By the way. Happy Birthday." Remy said as we left the kitchen and I stopped in my tracks as Remy kept walking. I started to walk after him slowly, realizing that I didn't want people to know that it was my birthday.

    Once I got to my room I went back to bed and wrapped Kurt's arms around me to make it look like I never got up in the first place and went back to sleep. I just hope no one knows that it's my birthday.

~~~~~~~~~ time lapse: 7:30 A.M. ~~~~~~~~~~~~

    I woke up again to my alarm clock. I hit the off button with my tail and didn't want to get out of bed. I felt a weight change and opened my eyes, realizing that I couldn't go back to sleep since Kurt is up now, he'd just wake me up anyway. "Morning." I told him and kissed his cheek, causing him to have a light blush on his cheeks. "Morning." he told me, kissing me on the lips, which caused me to have a blush on my cheeks. "Ve should get dressed, you know." Kurt told me. " I just want to stay in bed today. I don't feel like doing anything." I told him, hoping beyond hope that nobody else knows that it's my birthday. "Your not going to get breakfast for Pietro vho is still in the infirmary ving?" Kurt asked me, I sighed. "You're right, fine, let's get ready then." I said, he gave me a kiss on the cheek and teleported to his room and I went to my bathroom, doing the usual things then came back into my room and got dressed. I chose a normal black tank top with black jean shorts with little jewel designs on the back pockets, and put on black sandals. Once I was done I went to open the curtains that led out to the balcony and found a note taped to the outside of the glass doors. I opened the note and read it,

    Meet me in the mall at noon at Music'n More? I have something for you - Lance

    I set the note on the table and decided to debate on going to see Lance. I was abducted while we were together. My feelings for him have changed. I realize that I am in love with Kurt. "Eh, what harm could it do?" I said, deciding to just go and see what he wants. We were best friends before we got together. There was a knock on my door and I answered it. "Ready to go?" Kurt asked me. "Yup." I said and went downstairs to the kitchen with Kurt.

    Once I got done eating, I made a plate for Pietro and told Kurt that I was going to the infirmary. "Ok." Kurt told me. Once I opened the doors to the infirmary, I saw that Pietro was waking up so I turned on the lights. "What the- oh, morning Calla." Pietro said, once he noticed that I was the one who turned on the lights. "Morning." I told him as I sat his plate down on a table and helped him sit up. " I don't need help sitting up ya know." Pietro said as I handed him the plate of food that I made him. "Sure, just keep telling yourself that. Anyway, how do you feel?" I asked him. "Better than yesterday." he told me, in between bites. "When you're done I'm going to check your wound." I told him. "Alright, mom." Pietro said with a smirk and we laughed. He was done eating so I checked his wound. " I can't believe it! It's already healed!" I said, astonished. "Does that surprise you?" he asked me. "A little bit, how bout you try to stand." I told him. He stood up and started to walk around the room. "You make a fast recovery." Hank said as he came into the room. "Morning Calla. Didn't expect you to be here already." Hank said. "Good morning." I said to Hank. "She's like our mother. Always up early to check on one of us if we're hurt." Pietro said. "Do you think he is good to go?" I asked Hank, ignoring Pietro's comment. "Let me do a quick check and then we'll see. Could you sit back down for a moment?" Hank said to Pietro, he sat down and Hank did what he needed to do. "You're all clear. You can stay for awhile here with Calla if you'd like. We have no intentions of forcing people to leave. Not when we have a family member or two staying with us." Hank said and left the room. Pietro stood up and gave me a hug. "That reminds me......Happy Birthday Calla!" Pietro said, I looked at him once he released me from the hug. "How'd yo-" I started to ask him. " I found a calender." Pietro said and I grabbed his plate and we made our way to the kitchen.