Chapter 3

I opened my eyes, morning light was flooding into the windows. My mouth was dry. I hadn't drank since a few days ago. I pulled myself from my bed and got dressed, pulling on jeans and a t-shirt. I made my way downstairs. The rest of the pack was lounging around doing nothing productive.

"Shouldn't you all be eating?" I asked. "We have school."

Chance looked to me. "They did. They're waiting on you."

I sighed. I walked into the kitchen and opened the cabinet and grabbed a glass. I turned on the faucet and filled it half way with water. I turned off the water and gulped it all. "Alright, let's go."

Clem turned her head. "You didn't eat."

"I'm fine." I spoke. "Come on or we'll be late."

Everyone gathered their bags as I went out and started the truck. Deven had followed me and I tossed him the keys, climbing into the passenger seat. Clem and Nico sat in the backseat with Zara between them. Ignasio squeezed in as much as he could. This meaning he sat on his brother. Dad would be getting another car for us soon, for now this would do.

~~~~~

School was boring as usual. Class had gotten out for lunch. I walked to our pack table and sat down. Each pack was sat at their own tables.

None of us ate lunch here, our wolves couldn't digest it. We found that out the first day. We had shifted once we got out for our usual run. All of us had vomited everything our stomach had contained from the school lunch. We swore never again.

I clutched my sides as I settled down.

Zara looked up at me. "You alright?" She asked. Sympathy was all over her face.

I nodded slowly. "Yeah, just give me a minute." I knew I'd be better soon. Now that I was up and walking I would begin to heal faster.

Ignasio stood up. "I can ask the nurse for some pain killers for you."

Clem nodded. "Good idea."

Before I could protest Ignasio had fled the lunch room and was on his way to the nurse.

"Really," I said softly, "I'm fine."

"You obviously aren't." Deven said. "Stop trying to be strong." I had only one hand around my midsection now. The other was resting on the table. Deven took it gently. "We aren't just random wolves her, Alima. We're your pack mates. We care for each other, now let us do our job will you?"

I whined softly, signaling a yes.

Deven nodded once and removed his hand. Nia was glaring at him. "What?" He asked defensively. "I can't help my pack mate?"

Nia sighed. "Sorry. I guess I'm just a little tense. I mean, the invaders are behind us." She looked back at them and growled softly.

Clem yelled at her, her voice not going above a whisper. "Will you knock it off?"

Nia turned back around. Nico sniffed the air slightly. "New wolf."

At once, all of my packs attention whipped around. Nico continued. "He's in the Trudance pack. He holds himself like an alpha, but he isn't one. Tarence is their next alpha."

"Speaking of Tarence, where is he?" Clem asked.

"Behind the new wolf." Zara said harshly.

Tarence emerged and guided the new wolf to his seat. He whispered something in his ear and looked back at us, giving us a look that could kill. The new wolf turned his head. His look did t match Tarence's.