Chapter 11

All of us were laughing in the back of the truck while Dimitri drove. It was our first night out in a while due to the meetings and things. We were to go back to school on Monday which none of us were looking forward to. None of us knew what the movie was so we hoped for the best. The dust flew from the tires wheels as we drove to the location. Turned out it was a party that one of the rich sophomores was holding. I roll my eyes and jump out. Just what I need, some rich stuck up bitch that uses daddy's money. 

        None of the other packs were there which was strange. Their alpha's probably had them stay to tell them about the next meeting due within the coming month. I guessed it was about the lunar cycle coming from years past. I felt a presence and turned my head. Some girl I never seen before approached me. I didn't really want to be bothered. A silent growl rose in my throat, but I smiled at her. The girl smiled shyly and gave a soft, "Hi." I tilted my head. "You okay?" She laughed a little and looked up. "I'm new here."

        I smiled. "Good luck." I turned to walk away but she grabbed my arm. "Wait, your Alima right?" I nodded slowly. How does she know my name? " I was told to talk to you about something from the principal on Friday. He said that you were to show me to my classes on Monday." That explains it. I sigh. "You might as well meet my friends." I lead her to the rest of the pack and she mumbles something. I look back. "What?" She glanced away. "I said my names Azalia." Nico seen me coming and seen Azalia. He moved his head up and down scanning her then said, "Who's she?" The rest of the pack noticed and crowed around us. I looked down at Azalia. Her eyes glinted with a tint of fear. "This is Azalia, Azalia these are my friends." Everyone introduced themselves, but one was missing. Clem groaned. "Where did Ignasio go now?" I smell the air and turn towards the smell of charcoal and smoke. Someone was grilling meat. Zara laughed. "He's proably where the food is knowing him."

        Azalia laughed. "Most of the boys are over there anyway." I turn to her. "What grade are you in anyway?" "I'm a senior." She looked younger than that. The movie was about to start so we climbed into the bed of the truck and joked around. We payed no intention to the movie. It was a stereotypical werewolf movie. Ignasio eventually returned and was playing with Clem's hair. I smile to myself as I feel breath on my neck. I look over and see Dimitri with his eyes closed. "What the hell are you doing?" I ask while laughing. He opens his eyes and they shimmer and he smiles. "Nothing." 

        I roll my eyes and giggle and put a hand on his cheek. "Sure." I peck his lips and turn to Azalia. "So, where you from?" I cross my legs, curious about this new being. Azalia looks away. "Well...I came from California." She glances up to us. "And then I moved here." She motions towards the house. Zara butts in. "What, your the rich girl?!" Azalia nods slowly and Jade tilts her head studying her. "You don't act like it." Jade smiles. "I like that." 

        I move my eyes from Azalia, to the house, and back to Azalia. Chance had his mouth open wide and Jade looked over, scoffed, and closed his mouth. "Easy dog, you'll catch flies." She rolled her eyes and put her chin in her hand. Nico laughs softly.

        By now the movie was far over and most of the people were drunk. I scrunched up my nose. Honestly, how can humans stand that stuff? It smells disgusting to be honest. Azalia only giggles at my expression. I feel an arm grab mine and I'm pulled away. I turn around and see Chance and he speaks in a low voice. "Clem's gone." "What do you mean gone?!" I whisper, but it was almost like a yell. Chance covers my mouth. "Shh, Ignasio doesn't know. Just help me find her. She wandered off somewhere." I nod and he takes his hand away and I look towards the woods that were by they house. 

        I look to Chance and he nods and we casually walk to the woods. We follow the winding trails, going deeper into the dense wood. The wind picked up making the oak trees dance. Dusk was looming all around us. I walked swiftly down the trail, my senses alert for any sign of Clem. I wasn't watching where I was going and I tripped on a tree root and fall to my hands and knees and curse under my breath. I get up and look back to chance who was staring up at a tree. I walk back to him. "What are you doing?" He continued to stare. "There's a damn squirrel up there." I laugh softly and drag him away.

        I shuffle down a steep hill and look around. There was a fallen tree and Clem was sitting on it. Chance sighs and walks up to her. I block him with my arm and study her. She was shaking slightly. I creep up to her but step on a twig and her head whips around in a fierce growl. Her eyes red. She slowly stands up and turns her body towards us creeping foreword. Chance moves in front of me pushing me behind him. "Clem, calm down." He backs up a little as she moves closer. Her hair fell slightly in front of her eyes like the girls in horror movies do. 

        She takes a step back and shifts, shaking her body and fur flies everywhere. She stalks towards us once more. My mind snaps and I shift and lunge foreword attacking the wolf. Chance screams and shifts forcing me off of her but to no avail. I pin her down and her jaws snap at my throat. I clamp my jaws around her windpipe, crushing it. Blood gushes into my mouth and staining the forest floor. I let her go watching the light fade from her eyes and shift back wiping my mouth with my sleeve. Chance shifts and slaps me. "What the hell did you just do?! You stupid bi-" I cut him off. "Oh shut up." I walk off looking around. I heard slight whimpers and I look in the crevice of a rock to see a trembling Clem.