Chapter 2: Together, We Learn
Together, We Learn

Of course, the wedding night scared the hell out of Hinata. She certainly wasn't ready for that yet.

She had already showered, was dressed in a long silk gown, and was sitting in what was now hers and Naruto's bed. They also owned their own place within the Konoha headquarters now.

She tried to calm herself down, but her beating heart wasn't helping at all. They had to consummate their marriage at some point, she knew that, but she didn't want to do it yet...not right now, when he didn't even have the same feelings as she did.

Her heart nearly stopped when the bathroom door opened and Naruto stepped out in an orange silk robe.

She almost smiled at the fact that even the pajamas were in his favorite color, but she couldn't smile because her nervousness was consuming her right now.

Naruto closed the bathroom door behind him and slipped into bed beside her, sitting quietly in the same position as she was in. To be honest, he didn't actually want to do it either. He knew she was scared and that this whole thing left her with no choice. It left him with no choice either.

He cleared his throat before he spoke. "Um...Hinata...?"

Hinata's gripped the blanket just a little tighter. "Yes?"

Wow, she didn't even stutter. He expected her voice to tremble or something, but she answered him so firmly. Was she not nervous at all?

"Sorry." He apologize for the hundredth time since he chose her. "I don't want to make this uncomfortable for the both of us. You're one my precious friends and I wouldn't do anything to hurt you. I know this marriage is going to be hard for the both of us, but I'm willing to give my all for both you and for this village."

This was the exact reason why she fell for him. He genuinely cared about the people who were dear to him...he wouldn't do anything that would put them in harm or do anything that would place them in a difficult situation. He was one of the reasons why she's gained so much confidence in herself over these past few years.

Her heart nearly skipped a beat when he slightly shifted so he was sitting a little faced towards her. He reached for her hands and held them in his own. "...I'm actually a bit nervous right now, and I've never done any intimate things with a woman before, so I apologize if this isn't what you imagined for your first time. If I'm hurting you in any way, just let me know..."

Hinata felt herself blush for the first time in forever and she closed her eyes tightly when he let go of her hands and gently laid her down so that he hovered over her. She turned her head to the side because she didn't dare to look at him right now. She almost gasped when she felt him lean down to place a featherlight kiss on her neck.

Suddenly, she took a hold of his robe and immediately sat up, pushing him away, bumping her head with his in the process.

"Ow!" They both winced and exclaimed at the same time.

Hinata let go of him and she placed her hand on her forehead, which was probably red from the hard hit. She gazed up at Naruto and he was also holding his forehead. "I'm sorry!" She immediately apologized.

Naruto looked at her and she was taken by surprise when he suddenly let out a small laugh. "Hinata? You really don't want to do this right now, do you?"

Hinata bit her bottom lip and then she slowly shook her head. "...I'm sorry...it's just, it doesn't feel right. Can we just...wait? Until the right moment comes for the both of us, can we wait before doing this?" She asked hopefully.