Together, We Desire

Everyone from Konoha rested that night in Suna before they headed back.

Naruto was sitting on the roof of the Sunagakure headquarters, staring up at the moon. Seeing the moon so clearly like this was probably the only thing he liked about Suna.

Earlier, everyone was amazed at the outcomes of the tournament. Naruto himself was still surprised and quite proud that so many young ninjas from Konoha won...he was even more amazed at how skilled they were.

"Wasn't that amazing earlier?"

Naruto turned around and smiled at the sight of his beautiful wife. "Right?! I'm so glad the next generation has a handful of capable ninjas. It makes me relieved for the future of Konoha."

Hinata walked over to him and stood by him, also admiring the full moon. "Me, too. Knowing that all those young ninjas will be under your leadership for the next years to come makes me content. I really believe that you will make Konoha a strong village."

Gosh. She just always knew what to say to make him happy. He moved closer to her and gently wrapped his arms around her, giving her a warm hug. Hinata relaxed in his embrace, hugging him back, and then leaned her head on his chest. She was so glad that he wasn't afraid to show her affection like this.

"What's even better...is that you'll be right beside me leading the next generation. I wouldn't be able to do this all on my own." Naruto muttered softly.

Hinata blushed faintly at his statement and she couldn't help but smile. It seemed like he was finally noticing her...after so many years, he was actually taking interest in her. It felt amazing to know that he at least confessed that he wanted her by his side. "...I love you, Naruto..."

Unlike the many times when he felt guilty whenever she said that to him, this time, he didn't particularly feel bad or have any sense of pity...which was little strange.

The next morning, they traveled in one big group instead of going separate this time. Naruto, along with the elders and Konoha Council led the way while the rest of the people from Konoha followed closely behind.

Naruto checked behind him once in a while to see if Hinata looked ok. He was surprise to see her alongside Kiba, laughing and smiling...and though he knew they were just close friends, for some strange reason, it just felt irritating to see them together.

He definitely couldn't just go over and interrupt them because he was leading everyone. And frankly, it'd be rude. 'It's ok for her to talk to another guy if he's just a friend.' He let out a sigh and calmed himself down.

"Tsk, I'm kinda jealous now, ya' know." Kiba smirked.

"Of what?" Hinata blinked.

"Of Naruto, of course."

"Why? Because he's Hokage?"

"No, because he has you."

Hinata blushed. That was different, coming from Kiba. "Um...you're jealous because of that?"

"Well yea. You're my best friend...and you've grown into such a beautiful woman. You probably don't even know how many Konoha men are jealous of Naruto because he has you." Kiba chuckled.

That was surprising. Men actually...desired her? She never even noticed it. Her eyes glanced up and her attention landed on Naruto's broad back. Well, to be honest, even if there were men who desired her, it didn't really matter to her. She was a married woman...and better yet, she was married to the Hokage. She was married to the man who was respected by all ninjas in the world right now. She was married to the one person she loved with all her heart.